2014 5-AAA Football

GOOSESDAD

RIGHT CHECKERZ...BUT I WILL KEEP IT GOING AND I KNOW YOU GUYS WILL BE BACK SOON...BEEN HEARING GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOUR QB AND RB.....

WE WILL HAVE OUR OWN 5AAA STUD OF THE NIGHT....

YOU KNOW WE GOT TO DO THE BAD SIDE AND I WILL LET YOU GUYS FIGURE THAT OUT...

YEP FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!! HEY HAVE YOU READ ABOUT THE 4STAR STUD COMING TO MCCALLIE?? THEY ARE LOADED WITH TALENT IN AND OUT OF THE CITY.....

RIGHT CHECKERZ...BUT I WILL KEEP IT GOING AND I KNOW YOU GUYS WILL BE BACK SOON...BEEN HEARING GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOUR QB AND RB.....

WE WILL HAVE OUR OWN 5AAA STUD OF THE NIGHT....

YOU KNOW WE GOT TO DO THE BAD SIDE AND I WILL LET YOU GUYS FIGURE THAT OUT...

YEP FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!! HEY HAVE YOU READ ABOUT THE 4STAR STUD COMING TO MCCALLIE?? THEY ARE LOADED WITH TALENT IN AND OUT OF THE CITY.....

They actually got two... One DB, one on the line.

But...you gotta play who shows up.    This senior group started out their freshman and sophomore seasons against Alcoa and Maryville.  Gonna take a lot to intimidate them.

Team looks to be shaping up nicely in the off-season.  Will come out of dead period ready to roll...

Between our 7 on 7 schedule, our scrimmage schedule, and our jamboree opponent...lots of good preparation work ahead.  Key is just stay healthy through it all.

Foundation is laid. Time for the next group to step up.

They actually got two... One DB, one on the line.

But...you gotta play who shows up.    This senior group started out their freshman and sophomore seasons against Alcoa and Maryville.  Gonna take a lot to intimidate them.

Team looks to be shaping up nicely in the off-season.  Will come out of dead period ready to roll...

Between our 7 on 7 schedule, our scrimmage schedule, and our jamboree opponent...lots of good preparation work ahead.  Key is just stay healthy through it all.

Foundation is laid. Time for the next group to step up.

Yep some are working through dead period....these 7 on 7s as well as scrimmages will tell us something...contrary to what they try to make you think......

Yep some are working through dead period....these 7 on 7s as well as scrimmages will tell us something...contrary to what they try to make you think......

Most serious players don't let the dead period drag them down...still run, lift, throw on their own...as they should.

I'm mixed on the importance and conclusions  you can draw from 7 on 7 and scrimmages.  I've seen teams that win the 7 on 7 tournaments end up less than stellar in the season, and vice versa.

Many area coaches are known to sand-bag in the jamboree.

Many programs use scrimmages not to tune-up the "knowns" but to resolve the "unknowns".  I think it all depends on the program and how they work these things...  In the end, not really fair to read much into the results, though.  Kinda like tea leaves... :?

5AAA the top 4 teams will be dominant as they always are....even a 3 way tie possibly??? I say that because we compete at a high level and don't lay down to the opponent..not many cupcakes in this district....Soddy, Walker and McMinn hadn't always been at the bottom....great coaching in this district....and no matter what you guys say.....Ooltewah always have the best defense and running backs in the district...win lose or draw...Cleveland always have the best wideouts and signal callers....Bradley the best o-line and good wideouts...even in a down year folks....since East Hamilton has been in 5AAA....they have the BIGGEST o-line and d-line in the district...good wideouts and Signal caller too......alot of firepower in this district....

On the other hand.....depth is always a problem in our district...

Ooltewah always struggle at the qb position...we had a good qb in 2013 as all top teams had....the ones that can throw can't run and the ones that can run can't throw the deep ball...our defense kept us in alot of games...so the offense has to do their part...

Cleveland have defensive struggles.....can air it out better than anyone.... good run game... but can't stop the other team from scoring

Bradley is usually an air attack team....and pretty good at every position...but struggle to get over the hump in the end...I would say depth has something to do with it....

East Hamilton took us by surprise....well not me but anybody that BIG should be good....they have a great coach of course and he was in 5AAA for years so nothing he does was new....they finished last in the district in the run game despite that huge o-line....the secondary had some playmakers in it and special teams was their saving grace....and that's good to have.

Mcminn had alot of speed....but like Soddy they were really small and I think size really hurt both teams....

Walker Valley will hang till 3rd qtr....not that small...but that's it...

Like we saw in the Super Bowl...the best qb on the planet Peyton Manning and co. got taken to the woodshed...we had what 4 2k qbs in 5aaa tops in the state right?? which means IMO that a great qb doesn't mean a championship lock...a bad one won't help either...but one with the leadership skills that can manage the game with good decision making and take care of the ball.... with playmakers around him....will do just fine.... 

#5AAA BIGBOYFOOTBALL..

Why does everybody leave Powers and McMinn out of the conversation? They have won district last 2 out of 3 years, and last year they were young but got better every game.

Well Tribe... I highlighted the top teams...and oh yes I remember those 500 yds Corbin Powers put up against my Owls like it was yesterday....that was a game our defense bailed us out of  with those 2 tds....and 1 was called back....so glad we play at home this season.....those refs have their hand on the flag ready to throw it before the play starts lol....like I said ..no cupcakes in this district...you won't be at the bottom for long.....

In my opinion there is no team that is head and shoulders above everybody else.

WELL SIR....I BEG TO DIFFER WITH YOU ON THAT STATEMENT...THERE ARE SOME TEAMS AT THE TOP OF THE DISTRICT THAT ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS.....AND UNLESS YOU HAVE ADDED SOME PIECES TO THE PUZZLE....I SEE YOU MIDWAY OF THE PACK....YES YOU AND UNCLE REF AND THAT STUD OF A SIGNAL CALLER GAVE US A RUN FOR OUR MONEY...BUT IN THE END...MY DEFENSE HAD THE FINAL SAY SO...AND THEY WERE YOUNG PUPS THEN.... :popcorneater:

5AAA I'M TELLING YOU MY DEFENSE WILL HOLD THEIR OWN THIS SEASON....YOU CAN TALK ABOUT THE EGGS WE LAID LAST SEASON ..#DISTRICT CHAMPS....NOW CLEVELAND....BEAT WEST AND THE NADERS AND YOU ARE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT...THIS IS THE LAST SEASON THE NON-DISTRICTS WILL COUNT IN THE FINAL TALLEY.....WE GOT THE CHANCE TO SOMETHING SPECIAL...AND WON'T LET ANYONE STAND IN THE WAY OF THAT....NO NEGATIVE ENERGY FOR MY OWLS... :popcorneater: