2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

The other thread had grown to 129 pages so I started a new one. 

Spring Practices and Scrimmages are still weeks away but the players are working hard in the weight rooms and it is never too soon to talk football.

It is a little early for predictions but once the Spring practices and scrimmages are over we will have a better idea of where teams are and what has changed from last year.   The district as a whole looks strong with alot of key players returning or recovered from season ending injuries. 

If you have scrimmage dates or coaching or player news please post. 

Mt Juliet has Shelbyville and Siegel for their spring scrimmages.

Have heard that they have a lifting competition they will participate in April 26 . I don't know if it is the same as the one went to in Dickson last year.

The Bear schedule will be:

Lebanon

@Antioch

Station Camp

@Blackman

@Wilson Central

Centennial

Beech

@Hendersonville

Gallatin

@Portland

GO BEARS !

Looking forward to having Gallatin, Beech and Station Camp at home this year.  The Gallatin and Beech games are one's that could have gone either way and the Station Camp game was where the wheels came off for MJ last year.  Glad we have Lebanon early, I think they are going to surprise some teams before it is over.

Looking forward to having Gallatin, Beech and Station Camp at home this year.  The Gallatin and Beech games are one's that could have gone either way and the Station Camp game was where the wheels came off for MJ last year.  Glad we have Lebanon early, I think they are going to surprise some teams before it is over.

I'm with you. Lebanon was much improved last year and I expect them to be even more so. Glad we have them at home. They could possibly have the best back in 9AAA.

Anyone know if Angel did transfer to Cookeville or will that be after the school year. Not hearing much about WC.

Angel did transfer below is the article:

Author: Craig Delk
Date: January 13, 2014
Publication: Herald-Citizen (Cookeville, TN)

COOKEVILLE — A talented football player who could be a versatile presence has transferred to Cookeville High School, the Herald-Citizen has learned.

Wingback Gabe Angel, a 6-foot-3, 215-pound sophomore, saw action running and catching passes for Wilson Central High School the last two seasons. But Cavs coach Jimmy Maynord confirmed that his family has moved to Cookeville.

“He has transferred here,†Maynord said. “He’s a good young man, and we feel like he’s a young man who can help...

I think the new offense will really play to MJ's strengths. I too am really looking forward to seeing the new offense. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the offense to pick up the scheme and get comfortable with it. This is were spring practice, scrimmages and 7 on 7's really pay off before the start of the season.

Chic seems to think that SC has the best QB and running back in 9AAA. They are very good; but I think Lebanon's back, and  MJ's QB  are just as good.

It will be interesting to see what  SC's O coordinator from last year does with the MJ offense.

Would this SC be Smith County or Station Camp?