2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

Wreagle; I should know by this afternoon.

it is indeed M. Duncan that is being talked about. I just don't know if it's official yet. If he gets it then congrats to him. A young but very knowledgeable coach. MJ has some young coaches that should translate well with the players. Hopefully last year was a learning year for players and coaches of what it will take to stay towards the top. This is a step in the right direction (Duncan)but may take a couple of years from being in the wing-t for so long. I"ll be cheering on the Bears except for when they play SC. Go BISON!

I think the new offense will really play to MJ's strengths. I too am really looking forward to seeing the new offense. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the offense to pick up the scheme and get comfortable with it. This is were spring practice, scrimmages and 7 on 7's really pay off before the start of the season.

Chowbay has a strong arm but has to get better on the short and mid throws for this new Offense to be successful.

Anyone like to give their opinion of ranking the QBs this upcoming year?

Jeremiah Eliston, in my opinion is the top QB. He can run and throw. Has plenty of experience. He is a gamer.

Anderton has all the tools. Really good height and experience. Only real question is, Is he really that good? He does not have that "go to, 5-star" receiver this year like the last 2. If you look at the stats from last year, it tells the same.

Chowbay before he got hurt last year was a huge playmaker. He has experience and can make things happen with his running ability. Does need to work on his passing though.

The Lebanon QB should be more seasoned this year as well. He had a lot of potential watching him last year. He should be a solid player.

The rest are untested. I believe the remaining teams all start new QB's. As of right now it is anybody's guess.

Those 4 are my top. You can debate the order.

Jeremiah Eliston, in my opinion is the top QB. He can run and throw. Has plenty of experience. He is a gamer.

Anderton has all the tools. Really good height and experience. Only real question is, Is he really that good? He does not have that "go to, 5-star" receiver this year like the last 2. If you look at the stats from last year, it tells the same.

Chowbay before he got hurt last year was a huge playmaker. He has experience and can make things happen with his running ability. Does need to work on his passing though.

The Lebanon QB should be more seasoned this year as well. He had a lot of potential watching him last year. He should be a solid player.

The rest are untested. I believe the remaining teams all start new QB's. As of right now it is anybody's guess.

Those 4 are my top. You can debate the order.

I think Wave listed the top 4. Can make arguments for all 4.

Those 4 are my top. You can debate the order. Eliston may be a slightly better HS QB but I think Anderton has a better chance of getting an offer to a D-1 school as a QB. He could struggle a little this year without Malone. I think Chowbay has some good escapability in the pocket but diagree with you on his running ability. He seems to be waiting for that big throw too much instead of just tucking it and taking off. Chowbay has the ability to be an excellent QB but must get better protection from the line and find the open man instead of just trying to chuck it 40- 50 yards down field.

Mondo, Congrats on a great night in Hendersonville !

No doubt the Commandos are the team to beat going into 2014. What will be there strengths this year?

OL- 4 starters back led by the 2 tackles Kaprowski and Bourk, the center Phillips and the guard Throneberry. Both TE are back along with Schwerdt at SE

Backs- Cameron Turner and Jack Towe return at the 2 HB, new starter at FB could be SR Jon Reed. Others that will play include SR Jarques Wardlaw and Soph Terrell Carter

QB-Jeremias Elston returns for his 3rd year as the starter and has really worked hard to improve in the offseason.

K- SR Bryce Deguira returns and may punt as well

DB- 4 potential starters Schwerdt, Wardlaw, Richard, and Billingsley are all playing baseball this spring so a lot of younger guys will get an opportunity

LB- Throneberry who was a part time starter returns and will be joined by JR Alex Tate or Sr Jon Reed or SR Sam Pate

DL- Major question mark. A lot of talent here but not much game action. Lots of guys competing here, too many to mention.

Not buying we are the favorite. I would say any of these 4 could win it. MJ, SC, BHS, or GHS. We hope to be in that group but time will tell about the chemistry, the senior leadership, and how fast the younger players develop. I expect it to be good but you never know. Our coaching staff did a phenomenal job last year and I know they will be working just as hard this year.

Kyle is best qb. Malone is best rb. Duncan will be missed. He is a genius

Continue to make me laugh. Get back to your homework. Malone may be the best linebacker but hard pressed to be a best runningback while he splits time. Duncan left for more talent and home school with MJ.

OL- 4 starters back led by the 2 tackles Kaprowski and Bourk, the center Phillips and the guard Throneberry. Both TE are back along with Schwerdt at SE

Backs- Cameron Turner and Jack Towe return at the 2 HB, new starter at FB could be SR Jon Reed. Others that will play include SR Jarques Wardlaw and Soph Terrell Carter

QB-Jeremias Elston returns for his 3rd year as the starter and has really worked hard to improve in the offseason.

K- SR Bryce Deguira returns and may punt as well

DB- 4 potential starters Schwerdt, Wardlaw, Richard, and Billingsley are all playing baseball this spring so a lot of younger guys will get an opportunity

LB- Throneberry who was a part time starter returns and will be joined by JR Alex Tate or Sr Jon Reed or SR Sam Pate

DL- Major question mark. A lot of talent here but not much game action. Lots of guys competing here, too many to mention.

Not buying we are the favorite. I would say any of these 4 could win it. MJ, SC, BHS, or GHS. We hope to be in that group but time will tell about the chemistry, the senior leadership, and how fast the younger players develop. I expect it to be good but you never know. Our coaching staff did a phenomenal job last year and I know they will be working just as hard this year.

I think with the experience they are returning, especially on offense, Hendersonville has to be the presumed favorite going into 2014. Each of those 4 teams you listed have major questions that need to be answered. Hendersonville is also getting a surge in talent, something they had never really had, but because of their coaching staff they have been able to beat teams that were superior to them in talent. 9-AAA has a chance to be the top league this year