New 9AAA topic

FightinIllini

Portland in a double header with Hendersonville tonight. Portland won the first game 1-0, and lost the second one 8-7. Unearned runs killed us, in the second game, only 3 were earned......also I have to say Ive never been to a high school baseball game, and a girls softball game broke out. Maybe, Im just too "old" school. But is the "in" thing these days for guys to do chants and claps like a girls softball team? They did have some players, treating the game with respect, dont get me wrong, specially their first baseman. Class act kid all the way. Even apologized in the middle of the game for the way his team was acting. That young man will go far. Great athlete as well. I dont make it a point to single a player out after a game, but I made a point to shake that young mans hand, his defense also saved his team the win in the second game as well.....all in all, it was a great night for baseball, and two tough ball games. If any of the Hville parents want their players photos, I will have them on my wall later this week on facebook. Yall are welcome to them. Also, good games tonight. ...........howd everyone else do?

Edited by SOUTHERNFRIED

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

MJ over Station Camp 13-1  

I have been watching this district for ten years and this is the worst I have seen it....  McWiilliams and Smith are the only two dominate pitchers.  

I dont see much difference in this year vs last year. Actually its been down for a few years. Course anyone following area little league, dixie, travel ball, etc should have seen this coming....Im referring mostly to Sumner County, I know next to nothing about Wilson County junior sports.....and dont bring up the Goodlettsville little league team, most of those (more than 50%) attend private schools or are in a different district than 9AAA. For that you need to look at Davidson Academy and Goodpasture....Good luck to everyone the last week or so of the season. 

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

MJ over Station Camp 13-1  

I have been watching this district for ten years and this is the worst I have seen it....  McWiilliams and Smith are the only two dominate pitchers.  

I dont see much difference in this year vs last year. Actually its been down for a few years. Course anyone following area little league, dixie, travel ball, etc should have seen this coming....Im referring mostly to Sumner County, I know next to nothing about Wilson County junior sports.....and dont bring up the Goodlettsville little league team, most of those (more than 50%) attend private schools or are in a different district than 9AAA. For that you need to look at Davidson Academy and Goodpasture....Good luck to everyone the last week or so of the season. 

Portland over Gallatin tonight 6-5. A really, really good ball game. Gallatin has a Freshmen named Jordan "Ponchez" Mason. Kid can flat out hit.....I should know he hit a 3 run homer tonight against us. . Gallatin seems to have some pretty good young talent to work with in the future. It was a "classy" ball game, old school, get on, get over, and get in. Neither team attempted any stolen bases on either catcher and I remember only 1 error a piece, ( I havent entered the stats yet, and my memory fades). Just a truly good ballgame. The way it should be. Even found out one of the Gallatin players aunt lives next door to us, lol small world. Hope we have the same type of game tomorrow as we go on the road to my old home town. Good luck to everyone tomorrow night. 

Portland lost to Gallatin tonight 12-2. The Gallatin players really played their tails off tonight. We put the ball in play over 17 times, but, right at people. Thats the way the game goes, you can hit one on the screws and make an out or bloop it over the infield for a hit. lol. Just the way the game goes. Good luck to all the Sumner County teams in the District.