Oak Ridge 2014-2015

SweetScience

I agree Higgins has more upside than Henderson. SS, u know how much I liked Henderson. But, sometimes when u are as talented as Henderson and Higgins, and u play two or three sports, u never really develop into that exceptional talent uve been tagged with. Does that make sense? If Henderson would've worked on his jumper instead of being on the fball field OR and he, would've been much better. I mean if Merriiam would've played football and basically lost 6 months of bball skills, OR may have never made it to the state. I understand Higgins is an awesome athlete, I've been watching him since middle school, but it's almost time to pick a sport and go with it for him. Personally, coming out of OR, I think he should just play football. If green would allow him to concentrate on football and join the bball team whenever, then by all means do both. He would probably still be the best bballer u have.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Higgins has more upside than Henderson. SS, u know how much I liked Henderson. But, sometimes when u are as talented as Henderson and Higgins, and u play two or three sports, u never really develop into that exceptional talent uve been tagged with. Does that make sense? If Henderson would've worked on his jumper instead of being on the fball field OR and he, would've been much better. I mean if Merriiam would've played football and basically lost 6 months of bball skills, OR may have never made it to the state. I understand Higgins is an awesome athlete, I've been watching him since middle school, but it's almost time to pick a sport and go with it for him. Personally, coming out of OR, I think he should just play football. If green would allow him to concentrate on football and join the bball team whenever, then by all means do both. He would probably still be the best bballer u have.

Yeah i understand what you're saying. He is just so darn good in both sports though that it's tough for me to say to stick to one or the other lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Coach Ogan booted the highly touted Milddleton after multiple disciplinary issues last year and when his players told him they didn't want him on the team anymore. New Powell coach had already let him go after tryouts for the summer due to him not doing what he said he would. I know every coach believes they can change kids and that they need multiple chances, but OR should really be careful with this one. There is a very good reason why Fulton told him no thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Oak Ridge lost this summer. I could be wrong. They looked very good at Chattanooga team camp but the competition was not great. It's a shame they couldn't play Blackman or Pebblebrook, GA who were both there. Higgins played.

Thanks, Chill. Who was the best team they played in that tourney? In what games that you saw us play in who out of the players looked the best? Who do you look to fill the shoes of Merian and Henderson and how capable to you think their replacements are? Thanks!