1A next year.

Galilee

this is just my opinion no need to get snotty about it.I for one know how little teachers and coaches in high school make.just stating don't think he is the right man for the job just look at his coaching staff you can't have kids straight out of high school coaching your junior varsity now I don't know if no one else one of the job and kudos to him for taking it if no one else wanted it.this is just my opinion and I'm entitled to it

I dont know this guy from adam, or anyone on his staff or anyone playing for him. I just know most people start screaming fire the coach without knowing or caring how its going to affect him or her and their family. Its not like they made millions last season to lean on while finding another job. Chances are they have bought a home in the area have a mortgage and car payments and would really be put in a bind having to move and find a new job, if they were fired because they dont win enough ballgames.

You are entitled to your opinion just please think about the REAL problems caused when a Coach is replaced. Its not as simple as you think!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC has to be a strong favorite from 14A to make it to state. Humboldt losses everyone and Lake Co. loses Coleman. Gibson Co. brings back everyone and they made a strong push late in the season. How does BTW look and Lead Academy? Trying to go through state tourney teams and what they return.

LEAD loses a few seniors but returns several players that played significant amount of time this season.  Jackson will be a name to remember, as a sophomore he was the best player on the floor on most nights.

Gibson Co. should be good next year. We have everyone back except for Joe Lee, who is replaceable. I'm also hearing that a kid who sat out this year, but played his sophomore and freshman season, will be back as well and may be bringing a 6'5 kid out of the hallways with him. If that's the case, I really expect us to make a push to the top of 14A next year.

Edited by GCPioneer

I dont know this guy from adam, or anyone on his staff or anyine playing for him. I just know most people start screaming fire the coach without knowing or caring how its going to affect him or her and their family. Its not like they made millions last season to lean on while finding another job. Chances are they have bought a home in the area have a mortgage and car payments and would really be put in a bind having to move and find a new job, if they were fired because they dont win enough ballgames.

You are entitled to your opinion just please think about the REAL problems caused when a Coach is replaced. Its not as simple as you think!

I have known Harrison for quite a while I'm not saying he's a bad guy just don't think he's right for the job I'm not asking for him to be fired.just don't think he was ready for the job,he grew up in roan mountain live there all his life.I could care less about how many games he wins and like you I don't have a dog in this race,I just pull for the team where I went to school.I only have nieces that play there.this is just my opinion this is how I feel about it,you have your opinion,and you are entitled to it. not wishing any thing bad for anyone just want the best for the school.and more importantly I think he's a pretty good teacher which is what he's there for.so good luck to your team and good luck to you

I dont know this guy from adam, or anyone on his staff or anyone playing for him. I just know most people start screaming fire the coach without knowing or caring how its going to affect him or her and their family. Its not like they made millions last season to lean on while finding another job. Chances are they have bought a home in the area have a mortgage and car payments and would really be put in a bind having to move and find a new job, if they were fired because they dont win enough ballgames.

I like the way you think old24eagle, the first responsibility of the coach is to set a good example for his players to follow along with making them better ballplayers and teammates. If there are no issues with treatment of players, rule infractions, or time devoted to the team,  just give him a little time to implement his own system, and see what happens. Remember that Carolina "fans" hanged and  burned Dean Smith in effigy because they thought he couldn't coach the team at the level that they were used to. Smith turned out to be ( in my humble opinion) one of the legitimate four or five candidates for "best coach ever" in any sport...amateur or professional.

'two, Dean is without doubt in the top 4 of all time....Now Roy has me questinoing him LOL

I've got three who stand alone...Dean Smith, Pat Summitt, and Tom Landry. All three changed the way the game was played, watched, and governed...and who's character is beyond question. There are more with an argument, but I stand by these three alone...you talkin 'bout Roy Williams or Roy Dillard???...LOL!!!