District 12AAA predictions (Metro District)

HighLife

Practice is not official currently. That is how it would be okay. However I do not think he is actually participating.

So a kid can go and  practice now with any team and it is okay? It is not right for any kid to be with your team at all until he is an official student. Coaches are letting this get way out of control if they allow this. This could affect a kid"s eligibility at the school he left also in the event he had to go back. Kids are using addresses  of relatives or family members to play in a zone. I thought it had to be the legal guardian they live with, and the guardian had to make a legit move into a zone,not just go and live with someone. The same coaches upset about losing kids are the same ones letting others come to their school. Players are just shopping themselves around and some coaches are recruiting them and some just do not know the rules.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be reported by the Principal I think. Or at least a school official and then it will be investigated by tssaa. Has to be proof. Some will not turn anyone else in if they are doing the same thing,just part of the game being played. Biggest problem could be a lack of ethics,knowledge of rules,or just win at all cost mentality,or  thinking that everyone is doing it so I have to excuse.

It has to be reported by the Principal I think. Or at least a school official and then it will be investigated by tssaa. Has to be proof. Some will not turn anyone else in if they are doing the same thing,just part of the game being played. Biggest problem could be a lack of ethics,knowledge of rules,or just win at all cost mentality,or  thinking that everyone is doing it so I have to excuse.

Spot on

It has gotten to where high school coaches think recruiting(stealing) players from other schools is a large part of coaching,maybe the main part. It is even happening in middle schools and youth programs. I have seen many coaches win with the best athletes and said to be great coaches. Why not just coach the players you have. This is high school and not college ball.

In a sense; recruiting has become part of High School football. Let's face it, in a world where Private schools openly pirate middle schools Public School Coaches must establish a recruiting-foot just to maintain their "zoned" athletes. The phrase "coach your own kids" does not apply anymore, because "your own kids" are open to everybody else, and if you want to coach them... you must defend/recruit them!
Not to mention that transfers like Vic Wharton, Gaulden, and Hurd have made teams suddenly competitive. If coaching is your job, why wouldn't you want to become suddenly competitive?

In a sense; recruiting has become part of High School football. Let's face it, in a world where Private schools openly pirate middle schools Public School Coaches must establish a recruiting-foot just to maintain their "zoned" athletes. The phrase "coach your own kids" does not apply anymore, because "your own kids" are open to everybody else, and if you want to coach them... you must defend/recruit them!

Not to mention that transfers like Vic Wharton, Gaulden, and Hurd have made teams suddenly competitive. If coaching is your job, why wouldn't you want to become suddenly competitive?

I do not disagree with your post. It is just sad that it has come to this.