Warren County Spring Practice

rickgrimes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read yesterdays paper and from the comments made by the coach, I don't believe he thinks too highly on the idea of much success this year. The one thing that I consider interesting is the comment about this being the worst prepared bunch of players he's ever been around. Isn't this basically the same staff of assistants that have been there before. Also are the facilities as bad as what's being claimed or what? 

Always multiple sides to a story depending on who u ask, the score with starters was 2-2, with n this order the following things were not mentioned, on the first play on offense after a 13 yard run a pioneer player picked up a fumble and took it 70 yards for a touchdown , also would have scored on a defensive int if the refs had not blown their whistle for no reason, the pioneers also gave up the ball on the one yard line. During the scrimmage the coaches played 3 different qb's, four different tailbacks along with 35 other players while the ones were scrimmaging. They r looking for the right fits n personel and a way to get the best 11 on the field. There were to many fumbles, 5 I think, and to many penalties. The reason for spring practice is to install the base offense and defense, they have had 3 practices to learn.

As far as the comments in the paper, the comments pertain to the lack of returning players and their level of experience and playing time, most players returning this fall have only a few jv games under their belts. Of rather 80 plus players on the team only 4 or 5 played much on either side of the ball so there is lots of teaching and preparation to b done in the spring and fall. Their next test is a 3a page squad on Friday night at 6 pm. Football teams are not made in a day, week, month or year. The 2014 season history will b determined by the hard work of the players and coaches. The pioneers have not had a winning season n 24 years, the culture change will not come n 24 days or even 24 weeks......the most important thing is staying firmly behind the kids and the coaches and being positive

After talking to a few that went, I see that some of the same good old WC ways are still there. There was one kid that I'm told always shows up at workouts every day, he is not the best player but he's at least is there every day was told to give up his pads to a player that forgot his and that kid was not even a starter. In my opinion, you can't remember to bring your pads you become a spectator even if you are a starter. What kind of life lessons is that teaching.

Always multiple sides to a story depending on who u ask, the score with starters was 2-2, with n this order the following things were not mentioned, on the first play on offense after a 13 yard run a pioneer player picked up a fumble and took it 70 yards for a touchdown , also would have scored on a defensive int if the refs had not blown their whistle for no reason, the pioneers also gave up the ball on the one yard line. During the scrimmage the coaches played 3 different qb's, four different tailbacks along with 35 other players while the ones were scrimmaging. They r looking for the right fits n personel and a way to get the best 11 on the field. There were to many fumbles, 5 I think, and to many penalties. The reason for spring practice is to install the base offense and defense, they have had 3 practices to learn.

As far as the comments in the paper, the comments pertain to the lack of returning players and their level of experience and playing time, most players returning this fall have only a few jv games under their belts. Of rather 80 plus players on the team only 4 or 5 played much on either side of the ball so there is lots of teaching and preparation to b done in the spring and fall. Their next test is a 3a page squad on Friday night at 6 pm. Football teams are not made in a day, week, month or year. The 2014 season history will b determined by the hard work of the players and coaches. The pioneers have not had a winning season n 24 years, the culture change will not come n 24 days or even 24 weeks......the most important thing is staying firmly behind the kids and the coaches and being positive

Whatever makes you feel better coach. I tell ya what, bring your squad down this fall and we'll find out who comes out on top. Like you said, Spring is a time of figuring things out. Forrest could have run the same play over and over and scored easily every time, but the coaches were obviously trying to see what other stuff looked like. The score may have been 2 to 2 (varsity), but it wasn't close, dominant performance by the boys from Chapel Hill. You probably should have scheduled Loretto, given your past "dominance" over them.

Forrest does have a great team and they are coached very well, they were a great host and I hope that they will have a great season.

The reason I write this is to try and clear some thing up for volsfan1986.

First, I have today learned that one of our players did ask to borrow another players pad. However both players had been at practice the entire week. The indication that this is the same old WC could not be further from the truth. Several players that had missed practices this week were not even allowed to go to the scrimmage, others went but were not allowed to dress. Others were not allowed to practice because of lack of a physical.

Volfan1986 it is our goal to get everything moving together at warren county in a positive way. It would be great to have you on our team and if you do have some problems please feel free to email me and we can set up a time to meet and show you our facilities and how our kids workout and the things we are trying to accomplish. I can show you are facilities and how we are trying to workout 130 players at one time in a very limited weight room. Our administration, board of education, and superintendent are doing everything to get our football facilities up to date. Again, my email address is pioneersports64@gmail.com I will be glad to meet and talk with you any time during the day except for football practice time. We are trying to fix things and I would love your input face to face. It sounds like you have an indepth knowledge of pioneer sports and I could learn from past mistakes. go pioneers!!!!!

Whoa, can't believe the coach or representative of the school is on here talking in the message boards. If volsrock is the coach, that post tells me all I need to know about how things are going for him. I find it hilarious that a coach would be on here basically holding peoples hands, trying to comfort them, and saying everything will be alright.

Whoa, can't believe the coach or representative of the school is on here talking in the message boards. If volsrock is the coach, that post tells me all I need to know about how things are going for him. I find it hilarious that a coach would be on here basically holding peoples hands, trying to comfort them, and saying everything will be alright.

Your RB quit the team like I told you a few months ago.

You sure about that hoss? Anyways what does anything like that have to do with this thread?

Yes.  I'm sure.  It doesn't belong in this thread but the old thread got shut down by coach t.  You said it sounded fishy then so I wanted to reply when it happened.  Sorry, for throwing a tangent in this thread.  I truly hope DC has a great season and wins the district this year.  Worried about that trip to Livingston though.