Best football coach in Middle Tennessee? Public or Private school.?

Zioneaglet55

Walt Smith - Giles County- I have seen him coach several years at MTP and Zion. Runner-up in the state this year at Giles County. At MTP he had some very good football players at skill positions and on the line. He has a great offensive mind and is able to motivate he kids to mesh together. At Zion, he took some average kids and made them believe they could win. He got them to the playoffs and had some big wins. I sure did hate to see him leave the Eagles Nest but I understand he had higher dreams. Once again at Giles, he has taken great talent and gotten them to believe in the team concept. I have talked to some of his past players and they say he is a players coach. He puts his players in good situations to make big plays.

Go Eagles! Go Tigers!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you could add Roger Perry on the list as one of the best in Middle TN. With what he did at Portland and turning Mt Juliet around and making them a championship contender. Hasn't had the elite talent a lot of programs have had; but gets the most out of the talent he did have.

I think you could add Roger Perry on the list as one of the best in Middle TN. With what he did at Portland and turning Mt Juliet around and making them a championship contender. Hasn't had the elite talent a lot of programs have had; but gets the most out of the talent he did have.

Roger didn't have elite talent at Portland but he had more than enough talent to win a state championship at MJ.

• 3 weeks later...