Spring Top Ten in 2A for 2014

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Adamsville faithful.  You guys represent on the boards.   How many starters do the Cards return and will they have as much size this season.

We return 8 starters on offense with three new starters that saw plenty of action last year!! Ryan Nixon will be an exciting one to watch and sophomore to be Nassar Smith is a stud! Reminds me a lot of Zak Neary when he is on the field!! Defense will be stout as they return all but 4! All-State LB Jacob Denglar is back for his senior yr! The line has a lot of size, Avg about 6' 4" 280 but will be faster and more athletic in my opinion!  The spring game vs 4A Lexington answered quite a few questions I had after we beat them 7 td's to 1 while we were missing 3 starters! The guys are in great shape from being on the track team!! Can't wait to get summer workouts going!

We return 8 starters on offense with three new starters that saw plenty of action last year!! Ryan Nixon will be an exciting one to watch and sophomore to be Nassar Smith is a stud! Reminds me a lot of Zak Neary when he is on the field!! Defense will be stout as they return all but 4! All-State LB Jacob Denglar is back for his senior yr! The line has a lot of size, Avg about 6' 4" 280 but will be faster and more athletic in my opinion!  The spring game vs 4A Lexington answered quite a few questions I had after we beat them 7 td's to 1 while we were missing 3 starters! The guys are in great shape from being on the track team!! Can't wait to get summer workouts going!

Good post with lots of information.  Appreciate it.

I think the preseason favorites will be Trousdale and TCA in state championship. Lots can happen between now and then. TCA has all starters back on offense but 2 and all defensive starters back but 1. TCA has had a couple of key injuries due to basketball and baseball but should fully recover by FB playoffs. I understand Trousdale has all of their skill players back and most of their linemen. I'm sure there will be three or four teams that will be heavy challenges for those two teams and it's going to be fun to watch it develop.

Other than the obvious fact your from TCA, why do you have them so high? How many starters do they return and what skill players return? Thanks.

Other than the obvious fact your from TCA, why do you have them so high? How many starters do they return and what skill players return? Thanks.

It doesn't have anything to do with me being from TCA.  I would have never picked TCA as a preseason final Four Team last year nor would I have picked them to beat Adamsville during the season.  We accomplished both but I was realistic in the preseason.  I picked them this year because of the returning talent not due to loyalty to the school.  We have All State QB Kyle Akin back who threw for 43 TD's, ran for 7 TD's and had over 3500 yards passing.  He has an all state receiver returning and two other top receivers returning.  We only lost one of our top 5 receivers. He was the only skill player we lost.  Receivers will be Parker, 4.59, Landon Ross, who is replacing our receiver we lost, Ross is 6'2" 205 and runs a 4.6 flat, Ryan Smith, and Grant Reviere.  THose 4 accounted for over 2500 yards last season.  We have our stud Running Backs returning.  GOldsmith is now 6'0 and 207 and runs a 4.65.  Bond is 175 pounds and runs a 4.6. Goldsmith rushed for over 800 yards last season and BOnds for over 600.  AKin had over 400 yards rushing.   Bonds, AKin, Goldsmith and Parker have been to the NIke Challenge Competition in BIrmingham and Under Armour R i vals. com Invitation camps this Spring and are being heavily recruited.  In other words, basically all skill players are back but one receiver.  Defense has 10 returning starters.  Line will be solid but certainly not as big as Adamsville.  If the Defense is solid we can get to Cookeville.  That's a big IF though.  We have a brutal schedule once again.  St. George's opeing game will be one of the toughest games all year.  ECS will be extremely tough.  We have had a couple of key injuries in the offseason from lineman but hope to have them back by midseason..  This offense passed for over 3500 yards and rushed for over 2000 yards.  We will score points.  Can we stop the opponent from scoring more?  That's the big question.  TCA averaged 49 points per game in three playoff games last year.  Unfortunately in the semis Adamsville scored 49 on us and we only scored 39.  Thirty Nine against a pretty stout defense like Adamsville  was a pretty big accomplishment.  This will be the most fun team in the state to watch on offense.  Five players who can take it to the house on any given play!  We will battle Adamsville for top spot in district. 

It doesn't have anything to do with me being from TCA.  I would have never picked TCA as a preseason final Four Team last year nor would I have picked them to beat Adamsville during the season.  We accomplished both but I was realistic in the preseason.  I picked them this year because of the returning talent not due to loyalty to the school.  We have All State QB Kyle Akin back who threw for 43 TD's, ran for 7 TD's and had over 3500 yards passing.  He has an all state receiver returning and two other top receivers returning.  We only lost one of our top 5 receivers. He was the only skill player we lost.  Receivers will be Parker, 4.59, Landon Ross, who is replacing our receiver we lost, Ross is 6'2" 205 and runs a 4.6 flat, Ryan Smith, and Grant Reviere.  THose 4 accounted for over 2500 yards last season.  We have our stud Running Backs returning.  GOldsmith is now 6'0 and 207 and runs a 4.65.  Bond is 175 pounds and runs a 4.6. Goldsmith rushed for over 800 yards last season and BOnds for over 600.  AKin had over 400 yards rushing.   Bonds, AKin, Goldsmith and Parker have been to the NIke Challenge Competition in BIrmingham and Under Armour R i vals. com Invitation camps this Spring and are being heavily recruited.  In other words, basically all skill players are back but one receiver.  Defense has 10 returning starters.  Line will be solid but certainly not as big as Adamsville.  If the Defense is solid we can get to Cookeville.  That's a big IF though.  We have a brutal schedule once again.  St. George's opeing game will be one of the toughest games all year.  ECS will be extremely tough.  We have had a couple of key injuries in the offseason from lineman but hope to have them back by midseason..  This offense passed for over 3500 yards and rushed for over 2000 yards.  We will score points.  Can we stop the opponent from scoring more?  That's the big question.  TCA averaged 49 points per game in three playoff games last year.  Unfortunately in the semis Adamsville scored 49 on us and we only scored 39.  Thirty Nine against a pretty stout defense like Adamsville  was a pretty big accomplishment.  This will be the most fun team in the state to watch on offense.  Five players who can take it to the house on any given play!  We will battle Adamsville for top spot in district. 

THAT'S exactly what I wanted to hear.   Lots of people say "we will be a force to contend with", but bring no factual reason for saying it.  Great post and good luck to your team this season.  Definitely sounds as if you'll be in contention to me.

I have to agree TCA will be good along with A-Ville. Based off last year I give a very, very slight edge to A-Ville until the lose in the playoffs. You have to beat the best to be the best. Those 2 are the top teams in the west and it is not close. On the other hand beating TC will be very, very, very, very hard.

I have to agree TCA will be good along with A-Ville. Based off last year I give a very, very slight edge to A-Ville until the lose in the playoffs. You have to beat the best to be the best. Those 2 are the top teams in the west and it is not close. On the other hand beating TC will be very, very, very, very hard.

I think everything in your post is exactly right Galilee...I also think that IF Trinity can get past Adamsville, that they match up much better against Trousdale than the 'Cards. The Yellowjackets will score more against the Lions than against A'ville, but TCA's wide open offense could pile up points faster than Trousdale could match. Adamsville's sheer size and strength was more than TCA could overcome last season...but it was (as you say) very, very, very, very close...Trousdale is tough and precise, but not as brutal a running game as Neary and co. were. Adamsville knows how to outlast Trinity, not sure that Trousdale can if the Lions are more than the Cardinals can handle. 

Edited by tradertwo

That's pretty presumptuous to assume you'd have a better chance at beating Trousdale County. There's been many opponents head to the creekbank with that thinking and came home disappointed. Creasy is VERY good at what he does and will exploit whatever weakness his opponent has most of the time whether its Adamsville or TCA.