Class 5A Top Ten for 2014 Season

Kinda surprised (and yes I am biased) that nobody has even remotely mentioned Oak Ridge as a top ten team in 5A so far in this thread after what we have returning from last year. While I don't think we will make a state run (albeit it wouldn't shock me) I think we are a year or so off for that, but not to be mentioned as a top 10 team is kinda surprising to me. Maybe flying under the radar will be of benefit to us this year. Have a very large portion of our team that went 7-3 in the regular season returning in 2014.

Never under estimate Coach Gaddis. He is a good one !

Since the 6A classification, I think this class has been the most competitive. You have South Pitt as the usual favorite in 1A, Trousdale County in 2A, Alcoa in 3A, Fulton in 4A, and Maryville in 6A. I'm not sure there's any one team you can point at in 5A and say year in and year out, they'll be the favorite. Henry County and Columbia have probably been the most successful since the split into 6 classes.

I agree with you except in 4A. Since the 6A classifications 4A state titles have been Giles Co. Greeneville twice and now Fulton twice.

Hopefully this isn't in order, no way Beech is ranked that high. They lost a ton off last years squad

I tend to agree with you. Beech has a really good coach in Crabtree and the Van Zant brothers should be really good in the running game. Other than that they have a ton of holes to fill.

Gallatin could be a very good team but they have to fill the QB spot and other skill positions. They do have 2nd leading tackler back in Jalen Rogan and 2nd leading receiver back in DeRedding. Should have some good experience back on the line and a big tailback who got some quality minutes as a freshman in Mason. Still haven't heard about Dorian Banks and his eligibility. Either way Gallatin should definitely be in the playoff hunt.

I tend to agree with you. Beech has a really good coach in Crabtree and the Van Zant brothers should be really good in the running game. Other than that they have a ton of holes to fill.

Gallatin could be a very good team but they have to fill the QB spot and other skill positions. They do have 2nd leading tackler back in Jalen Rogan and 2nd leading receiver back in DeRedding. Should have some good experience back on the line and a big tailback who got some quality minutes as a freshman in Mason. Still haven't heard about Dorian Banks and his eligibility. Either way Gallatin should definitely be in the playoff hunt.

When I did the play by play for your second round game last season, I was really impressed with Clay Carnes command of the huddle. He will be tough to replace, but Coach Williams will have someone coached up by playoff time.

Hillsboro out of a Middle Tn will be loaded this year. 17 starters return lead by top 3 player in the state Kyle Phillips who has 25 plus offers and Vincent Perry who holds an SEC offer from KY.. Should be a great year for them..

Beech will be solid as usually, but 5A in Middle TN is down a little compared to past few years.

Hillsboro is loaded with talent every year.  They now have a coach that can win with that talent.  With Hillsboro coaching staff, I think they will win 12AAA and compete for the 5A state championship.  Clayton is a proven coach and he has great assistants over there.  We have seen them in 7 on 7 tournaments and they can play.