Class 6A top ten for 2014

I started a 5A thread seeking information from the CoachT regulars for that class and hope you guys can help me with 6A as well.  I know as always, Coach Quarles will have his guys defending their title and they'll be the team everyone is striving to imitate.  He's a class act and unbelievable what he's done in high school football.  I'm sure White Station and Whitehaven will be loaded with talent again this year and Coach Saulsberry will be trying to return to Cookeville.  District 7 and District 9 are perhaps the most stacked districts of recent years with Hendersonville reaching the finals last year along with a 4 teams from district seven being in the top ten the biggest part of last season.

Give me some info on who you guys expect to win each district and who will likely make deep playoff runs.   We hope to have a spring wrap up show sometime in Mid-May on the Friday Night Main Event and we'd welcome input for the CoachT regulars.  Thanks in advance!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great guys!  Pretty much the same teams I have in that top 10-14.  Can anyone give us a rundown of what some of these teams have returning?  I know Oakland returns a ton.  Blackman has Jennings returning.   I believe Siegel lost Crane at QB and Harding as their homerun threat.  It would be hard to start them in the top ten, I believe.  Wyant does a heck of a job over there, so they'll be competitive second half of the season if not sooner.   Riverdale looked really good in their last four games of the season last year.   I'd really like to get some feedback on returning starters for all these contenders and any new guys who'll make an immediate impact.

Once again, really appreciate you guys contributing.   It's always great to get the info first hand from the folks who are around the program daily.

Mt Juliet returns a ton of experience and starters from the last two years. Great team unity and leadership. Defense should be the strength of the team. Defense returns 8 starters on defense and 4 others that played significant minutes. They have very good football IQ and know how to play. Will be very physical.

Offense has good skill players; but O line will be young. No big superstars; but many very good athletes and players.

Mt Juliet will be fighting for 9AAA title and can make it to Cookeville if they stay healthy. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Mt Juliet and Whitehaven playing for trip to Cookeville.

In no particular order:

Maryville

DB

Sevierville

Oakland

Blackman

Mt Juliet

Hendersonville

Overton

Whitehaven

White Station

Mt Juliet returns a ton of experience and starters from the last two years. Great team unity and leadership. Defense should be the strength of the team. Defense returns 8 starters on defense and 4 others that played significant minutes. They have very good football IQ and know how to play. Will be very physical.

Offense has good skill players; but O line will be young. No big superstars; but many very good athletes and players.

Mt Juliet will be fighting for 9AAA title and can make it to Cookeville if they stay healthy. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Mt Juliet and Whitehaven playing for trip to Cookeville.

In no particular order:

Maryville

DB

Sevierville

Oakland

Blackman

Mt Juliet

Hendersonville

Overton

Whitehaven

White Station

I have Mt. Juliet penciled in as the favorite in that district as well.  The Perry's do a heck of a job coaching and as you said with a senior QB and lots of experience, they should be good!

Edited by FreeAgent11

That's definitely a possibility, Passive.  Coach Shad has been there more than once and has a senior Qb and lots of talent.   They were in the game last year against Maryville late in the fourth.  I know folks get tired of hearing this, but getting through that brutal 7AAA schedule healthy may be his biggest challenge to getting back to a Maryville rematch.

I have Mt. Juliet penciled in as the favorite in that district as well.  The Perry's do a heck of a job coaching and as you said with a senior QB and lots of experience, they should be good!

Hendersonville returns 8 starters on offense and 3 on defense and quite a few others who got playing time last year. In addition they come off back to back undefeated freshman teams so hopefully we will be to compete in 9-AAA in the fall.

Hendersonville returns 8 starters on offense and 3 on defense and quite a few others who got playing time last year. In addition they come off back to back undefeated freshman teams so hopefully we will be to compete in 9-AAA in the fall.

Wasn't aware they had that many returning on offense. This is exactly why I started this thread. Thanks for the info.