Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

I was surprised last year when I went to watch the Freshmen game and Maryville won that game just about how they did the varsity game but it surprised me there were only about twenty two players on the Freshmen team. That concerned me regarding the future of the Smokey Bears unless there is another feeder system I don't know about. It kind of reminded me of the beginning of the end which I would not want to see because I enjoy playing Sevier County.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised last year when I went to watch the Freshmen game and Maryville won that game just about how they did the varsity game but it surprised me there were only about twenty two players on the Freshmen team. That concerned me regarding the future of the Smokey Bears unless there is another feeder system I don't know about. It kind of reminded me of the beginning of the end which I would not want to see because I enjoy playing Sevier County.

I wouldn't read too much into their freshman team's performance. Back when William Blount played them it seemed like the wb freshman and jv teams beat them about every year but yet they would always get better and beat wb in varsity.. Thats where coaching comes in... If you have good coaches your team's players will develop and become better every year.

Sevierville needs all 3 classes to have a solid team. Maryville does not. They have way more depth than anyone. If team A has 7 good players and 2 great ones in 1 class  Maryville has 15 good players and 3 great ones. The All Stars are going to be a very tough out for a long time. At least its football and the playoffs are 1 and done because if it were best out of 3 or 5 it would make since to just stop playing them, ban them from the sport or something! But ANYTHING can happen on a friday night and that gives the DBs SCs MEs BCs and everybody else across the state a chance. Thats what its all about take your best shot, no shame in that. Unbeatable teams are boring and the only thing that can happen is you slip up and lose 1. Would you rather be David or Goliath? Give me the underdog every time!

GoBears!!!

I'm afraid the day will come when teams will ban together and stop playing us because of feeling no chance to win at all.  I can tell you as a Maryville Fan that the crowds have dwindled down the last two years because no one wants to come and see a run away ballgame. I enjoy playing Sevier County because their fans support their team and they bring a big crowd and no matter how much the first game got out of hand they came with the thought they had a chance and I like that.  It don't matter how good we are around here there is always teams somewhere in the state that are as good and you will come up against them like we did against Blackman last year. I personally have watched Maryville get better over the years while I have watched others fall backwards for some crazy reason or the other. Hopefully Oak Ridge is on the way back but I've watched Knox Central, Morristown West, Halls, Farragut just to name a few fall backward and those were good programs at one time and I hate seeing this. I love high school football more than anything in the world and I do want the Sevier Counties and other schools to be successful but as I mentioned in a post earlier that I noticed only twenty two players on the freshman team and that has my concern because that is not that big of a number considering the size of the school and fan support there.

I'm afraid the day will come when teams will ban together and stop playing us because of feeling no chance to win at all.  I can tell you as a Maryville Fan that the crowds have dwindled down the last two years because no one wants to come and see a run away ballgame. I enjoy playing Sevier County because their fans support their team and they bring a big crowd and no matter how much the first game got out of hand they came with the thought they had a chance and I like that.  It don't matter how good we are around here there is always teams somewhere in the state that are as good and you will come up against them like we did against Blackman last year. I personally have watched Maryville get better over the years while I have watched others fall backwards for some crazy reason or the other. Hopefully Oak Ridge is on the way back but I've watched Knox Central, Morristown West, Halls, Farragut just to name a few fall backward and those were good programs at one time and I hate seeing this. I love high school football more than anything in the world and I do want the Sevier Counties and other schools to be successful but as I mentioned in a post earlier that I noticed only twenty two players on the freshman team and that has my concern because that is not that big of a number considering the size of the school and fan support there.

Actually Barney we haven't been that bad the past few years when we were in 6A with the Rebs. They were just a bit better and we weren't the only team they were better then lol....Besides Whitehaven and West (who lost by 14 to you guys in the reg season like we did by 14 in the playoffs) I think we gave yall the best game you guys had in 2012. Maybe not up to Oak Ridge standards of the past, but still a pretty darn good team. Same thing goes for 2010 too. Even though we lost 5 games that year by the end of the year we were pretty tough and were in that ballgame against the Rebs in the playoffs in 2010 up until the 4th qtr or so. I think yall won 38-21 and went on to win state that year. Both of those years we were probably one of the top 4 teams in the state which isn't too shabby.

Barney, the Bears only need 22 to beat anyone other than the AllStars. This years senior class would have had 23 but 1 made the allstar team.  :popcorneater: 

At least 1sevierville family is winning state titles. :roflol: 

GoBears!!

Edited by gobears89

I forgot about Siegel. They gave the Rebs all they wanted and more, too that year.

And Siegel's starting QB was really banged up in that game. And from what I heard Siegel blew the game by making bad decisions right at the end.. All things considered it seems like Maryville was very fortunate to win that game.

And Siegel's starting QB was really banged up in that game. And from what I heard Siegel blew the game by making bad decisions right at the end.. All things considered it seems like Maryville was very fortunate to win that game.

True and I think any honest Rebs fan would agree with that statement. I was listening to it on the radio and Siegel did beat themselves in my opinion. That's what Maryville does though. They make you pay for your mistakes anytime you make them. That's what great teams do.

Barney, the Bears only need 22 to beat anyone other than the AllStars. This years senior class would have had 23 but 1 made the allstar team.  :popcorneater: 

At least 1 former sevierville family thait wuz unhappy wif thair garbage servuss is winning state titles. :roflol: 

GoBears!!

ficksed

Edited by STARSNBARS

....and ewe'uns fergott Mairvul won wif 2 startin' LB's out two.... :popcorneater: