New players at CPA

Hater247

It was fun watching Blackwell play on ESPNU last night for Team Lillard in the Adidas Uprising tourney in Los Angeles. His team won the event and Blackwell started for Lillard, who had the #1 junior in the country in the starting lineup, Thon Maker. Maker was MVP of tourney. Blackwell had 6 points, a few rebounds, a couple of blocks, and gave up 2 points to Maker on an alley oop uncontested fast break.

Some amazing talent in the US junior class this year. Lawson from Memphis looked really good as well. He played for the runnerup.

NO nothing came of it. Yes it was reported to the TSSAA & they found it to be false. CPA doesn't "house" players, they don't pay their tuition, etc. If someone wants to move to Tennessee so their son can get a better (basketball) education thats fine. Instead of complaining about it why not try to get better like JACKSON SOUTH SIDE? Much respect to COACH FULLER. They got beat by 30 by CPA  in the 2013 state finals then came back this year & BEAT CPA & win state! Thats what high school sports is about! Not "it aint fair that they are better than us so kick 'em out"  

NO nothing came of it. Yes it was reported to the TSSAA & they found it to be false. CPA doesn't "house" players, they don't pay their tuition, etc. If someone wants to move to Tennessee so their son can get a better (basketball) education thats fine. Instead of complaining about it why not try to get better like JACKSON SOUTH SIDE? Much respect to COACH FULLER. They got beat by 30 by CPA  in the 2013 state finals then came back this year & BEAT CPA & win state! Thats what high school sports is about! Not "it aint fair that they are better than us so kick 'em out"  

CPA the school might not house players, but there are preachers that do...and there are also people who are willing to help families out with tuition.  Don't kid yourself.  You're gonna get caught eventually. 

The TSSAA has an initial contact rule. It basically states that the first contact between a prospective student athlete and a school should take place at the school and be initiated by the parents of the student. I believe the "job" the school has given Maddux helps to circumvent part of that rule. The one part of the rule it does not circumvent is meeting on campus. I find it hard to believe that a family from Iowa would come straight to CPA to further their son's education!

I know a lot of schools have complained about how and where Maddux has gotten players from. It looked like bringing Wharton in from Knoxville might have reached the pinnacle but now they are bringing a player in from out of state.

It's probably not fair to the other sports to be pushed to D2 or even base a split on one sport but if the other sports and administration continue to turn a blind eye to the win at all cost methods and mentality, then so be it!

Congratulations To all of the Christ Presbyterian Church members! You may thoroughly enjoy watching "your" CPA team play basketball but you will rarely if ever have the opportunity to watch your own boys play meaningfull minutes for the team! They will just have to keep bringing water to players Maddux is so fortunate to have fall in his lap! Maybe one day, a person with integrity will surface!

The TSSAA has an initial contact rule. It basically states that the first contact between a prospective student athlete and a school should take place at the school and be initiated by the parents of the student. I believe the "job" the school has given Maddux helps to circumvent part of that rule. The one part of the rule it does not circumvent is meeting on campus. I find it hard to believe that a family from Iowa would come straight to CPA to further their son's education!

I know a lot of schools have complained about how and where Maddux has gotten players from. It looked like bringing Wharton in from Knoxville might have reached the pinnacle but now they are bringing a player in from out of state.

It's probably not fair to the other sports to be pushed to D2 or even base a split on one sport but if the other sports and administration continue to turn a blind eye to the win at all cost methods and mentality, then so be it!

Congratulations To all of the Christ Presbyterian Church members! You may thoroughly enjoy watching "your" CPA team play basketball but you will rarely if ever have the opportunity to watch your own boys play meaningfull minutes for the team! They will just have to keep bringing water to players Maddux is so fortunate to have fall in his lap! Maybe one day, a person with integrity will surface!

Keep doing what you doing maddux, I see nothing wrong.

Funny you should mention age. Just what is this kids true age. Is he really suppose to be a 2019 graduate or he he older than all the other 8th graders. He is a good player.

He certainly looks older, of course, we will probably never get the truth of his age, or how he really ended up playing at CPA.  It's also probably just a matter of time before his dad is coaching there. A quick google search is a bit confusing, regarding his age, or where he is really from.  Lot of speculation as to how many years he's possibly been held back.  He definitely looks older than his current classmates.

According to this website, in 2008 he was in 3rd grade. 

Tony Campbell Assistant Varsity Coach

Coach Tony Campbell is in his second year on the Jefferson basketball coaching staff. He graduated from Regis High School in 1993 with All-State honors in football and basketball. He obtained his B.A. in elementary education from Luther College where he starred for the Men’s Basketball team finishing as the 6th all-time leading scorer.

After college, he taught Physical Education at Johnson Elementary and coached Men’s Basketball and Women’s Track at Washington High School. In 2004, Tony and his family moved to Las Vegas, NV where he taught middle school Science and coached club basketball for the Legendary Tarkanian Family.

Tony currently teaches Wellness at Wilson Middle School. He and his wife Jennifer have three children: Teyshawn, 9th grade, plays Varsity Basketball for the J-Hawks; Teeyha, 7th grade, enjoys singing and plays basketball; and Tyger 3rd grade, plays AAU ball for the state champion 3rd grade J-Hawks.

Copyright © 2008, Thomas Jefferson High School. All rights reserved

http://jefferson.squarespace.com/coach/