7-AAA 2014

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applaud you for taking the high road, SS. He squandered away a super talented team in 2005 and cost you guys a 15-0 season.

Thanks, AR. I agree that he did, but no hard feelings here. I am all about forgiving and forgetting if at all possible in this life. He is a good guy from what I know and is a fellow Oak Ridger and Christian, so I wish him all of the best no matter what happened in his time here.

LaVergne has a nice sophomore rb (already has multiple SEC and other D1 offers), they could be an interesting team the next couple of years (if Ensworth. BA, Oakland, etc. don't lure him away).

http://www.usatodayhss.com/dnj/article/prep-notebook-la-vergnes-gray-picks-up-3-early-sec-offers--2013309250016

Edited by StarRaider

LaVergne has a nice sophomore rb (already has multiple SEC and other D1 offers), they could be an interesting team the next couple of years (if Ensworth. BA, Oakland, etc. don't lure him away).

http://www.usatodayhss.com/dnj/article/prep-notebook-la-vergnes-gray-picks-up-3-early-sec-offers--2013309250016

If you believe the offseason chatter, there have been teams that have already tried

7aaa.

I believe that the 6A Championship should and will come out of this district.

My pic for some good reason is Blackman.

You and West Tennessee have some of the best talent in the state on your teams. Not one, not 2 but several on one team. Is it the talent or the coaching. ...we will see...

And yes, this high powered motor mouth Owl expects the same out of my team in 5AAA

6A #go Blaze

5A #goOwls

7aaa.

I believe that the 6A Championship should and will come out of this district.

My pic for some good reason is Blackman.

You and West Tennessee have some of the best talent in the state on your teams. Not one, not 2 but several on one team. Is it the talent or the coaching. ...we will see...

And yes, this high powered motor mouth Owl expects the same out of my team in 5AAA

6A #go Blaze

5A #goOwls

The Division 1 influx of talent is a new developement. What isnt a new development is the superior coaching and commitment to athletics that is a big reason why RuCo schools are successful. 

Actually that is pretty new. You can thank Rankin for that. It wasn't too long ago that Riverdale and Oakland played at mtsu. Before Rankin Rutherford county had how many championships? Add in the population growth since Nissan opened its facility in the Smyrna area and you have two new schools Blackman and Stewart's creek. Rutherford county hasn't always had great coaching and commitment.

Actually that is pretty new. You can thank Rankin for that. It wasn't too long ago that Riverdale and Oakland played at mtsu. Before Rankin Rutherford county had how many championships? Add in the population growth since Nissan opened its facility in the Smyrna area and you have two new schools Blackman and Stewart's creek. Rutherford county hasn't always had great coaching and commitment.

I guess new is a relative term. To me, 8-10 years doesnt equal, but to each his own. Rankin did create a arms race. Prior to Rankin, there were also just 4 football schools in Rutherford County, now there is 9, so I am not sure how much water that arguement holds, although Oakland had some success prior to then. 

Nissan was a nice a little bump, but it was not until tech companies started moving down here that Rutherford County experienced a surge in population. 

Also Oakland just recently got their indoor facilities. If Rutherford county is so committed then why did SC not have a practice field? If the coaches are so superior then why can't they beat GQ? In my honest opinion, give most above average coaches the talent in 7aaa and you would get similar results. Give GQ the talent and the only question would be how far would they have to travel to find a game.