Roy Dillard- Let's bring him back.

pegleg

I didnt delete the comments. But these events are going on 9 months old. Surely with the season starting soon there is better to talk about.

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.....but, don't try to force it on everyone else.  Here is my opinion, and I won't try to force it on anyone else.....there are some moderators on the 1A boards that are having fun with this little bit of power that they have been given, using it to make things fit their opinion or agenda, and it has run some people off (with probably more to follow).  If someone wanted to talk about a game from 2 years ago, would that thread get deleted because the game was over and it happened 2 years ago, and there is nothing new to add?  It is a message board, it is for discussing sports and the things that go along with sports, and coaching changes and the occasional field house painting are things that go along with football, as long as people aren't being profane or libelous, leave them alone......and if there is a moderator that can't come here and be unbiased, then he should be a man and give it up, because it won't be long and there won't be a board to moderate.....

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.....but, don't try to force it on everyone else.  Here is my opinion, and I won't try to force it on anyone else.....there are some moderators on the 1A boards that are having fun with this little bit of power that they have been given, using it to make things fit their opinion or agenda, and it has run some people off (with probably more to follow).  If someone wanted to talk about a game from 2 years ago, would that thread get deleted because the game was over and it happened 2 years ago, and there is nothing new to add?  It is a message board, it is for discussing sports and the things that go along with sports, and coaching changes and the occasional field house painting are things that go along with football, as long as people aren't being profane or libelous, leave them alone......and if there is a moderator that can't come here and be unbiased, then he should be a man and give it up, because it won't be long and there won't be a board to moderate.....

Jake eye tawlk abowt gaimes frum 30+ yeer ago...... :popcorneater:

One thing is for certain, the 1A board is no where near as interesting without Roy Dillard.....and add to that the fact that nothing seems allowed to be discussed, and you have a very boring board.

Word in Middle Tennessee is that he moved to Jasper and is now a Marion County fan.  

The reply box is open, let's hear what you think about South Pittsburg football.

I love it....and have never had the opportunity to come down to a game yet.  But, I love the passion of the smaller towns toward their football, it was that way where I grew up.  So, because of the passion, and Roy, and several other posters, I started following SP threads a couple of years ago.  I have had intentions of coming down to one of their games, but it has not worked out, maybe this is the year that it will.  I have always thought it was cool how SP could have a 90-100 page thread before a game, and many 6A schools will struggle to get 10-12.....I just hate to see that disappear over some jealous mods.....I am sure there have been some posts that didn't belong along the way, but for as many posts as they have, for the most part, it is kept pretty clean.  BTW, there will never be another Roy Dillard, he was legend.....it is people like him and Stars n Bars on the 6A boards that make it fun to come on here.

Word in Middle Tennessee is that he moved to Jasper and is now a Marion County fan.  

I can't believe ole Roy is a Jasper fan now.  He might have moved to Bridgeport and become a North Jackwagon fan.  Or maybe he stayed in South Pittsburg and became a North Jackwagon fan.  Maybe he will move back from Bridgeport and become a Pirate fan again.  Or maybe he will stay in South Pittsburg, and become a Pirate fan again. :rolleyes:

Now there is something to chew on Troll. A bucket full of possibilities ! Ol Roy I got two boxes of fudge rounds six pack of red bulls to. If you just come back under a different name of course ! You think I'm joking but I'm not !

Edited by bossbro