2014 Class 6A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

We (whs) got torched last year against the pass. Our DB's were young and inexperienced. We will be much better this year with the potential of dontae to be a lock down cb, and some one else to keep your eye on is soph safety name devon. Jetts lil brother. His ability to cover the field with great 200 meter track speed will wow you... he has great ability to break on the ball. If rock ain't performing look for young devon. He injured his shoulder last year and sat out but he is 100 now...throw in fidell and brodie and we have plenty of speed and experience to get us there

Thanks coach10ac. Devin has speed to burn. Got it.

Who is Rock? is that Jabril (#27) or Saulsberry (#10)? Who is at the other Safety spot ... Fydale or Brody?

Yea rock is #27... we got brodie, cameron and then we have a couple transfers that I won't name until its official. .. but the dept is there for sure

Donte, Rock, Fydale, Cameron, Saulsberry, Devon, and Brody, to name a few. Not to mention Braylen can play Safety if need be. Yeah ... we're set and we have plenty of depth.

• 2 weeks later...

This was just posted on MurphyFair.com

What do you guys think? Call me insane if you want, but I actually believe that Oakland has a decent chance to win a gold ball this year. I almost NEVER bet against Maryville and I think the world of GQ and his program. But even with as strong as Maryville will be this season (returning the entire front seven of a Jimmy Gaylor defense says a lot), I just have a feeling that this could possibly be the year where a Rutherford County team makes it 5-1 Maryville instead of 6-0.

I can't argue with Blackman and Whitehaven at #'s 3 and 4. I would put White Station and Dobyns Bennett above Hendersonville, and I'm not quite sure that Siegel will pan out to be a top 10 team yet. I might have Ravenwood or Science Hill in there instead of them. But if their defense has improved from last year they'll probably be a top 10 team for sure.

1.   Maryville

2.   Oakland

3.   Blackman

4.   Whitehaven

5.   Hendersonville

6.   White Station

7.   Dobyns Bennett

8.   Sevier County

9.   Rossview

10. Siegel

Franklin Rebels should get a honorable mention on this and will fly under the radar again this year until later in the sason.  I know scrimmages only tells part of the story on what a team may look like during the season but the Rebels beat Blackman in scrimmage last week and looked strong.  

http://franklinfootball.com/

Edited by youthsportsPIX

Not sure what scrimmage you were at but I attended that scrimmage and Franklin clearly did not win, however they are a very good football team..

I attended the scrimmage as well.  Blackman is a very good team but doesn't look as good as last year.  Just my 2 cents, which is exactly what it is worth.  

http://williamsonsource.com/blackman-vs-franklin-highlights/