2014 9AAA

eers

Bison fans must be hurting. Is it coaching? 9aaa is playing for 2nd because Hville is very good. Portland will not win a game this year, again. They have an idiot for a principal!

Why do you say the principal at Portland is an idiot? I happen to know the man personally. He wants nothing more than for the school to have winning programs in all sports I can promise you that. I believe you yourself said the hiring of the new coach was a good one. In fact you are quoted as saying below. " This is a great hire by Mr. Woods". Read your post below from December of last year.

#213 BURebels

Advanced Member

Members

49 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Coach Greg Cavanah has been named as the new head coach for the Portland Panthers. This is a great hire by Mr. Woods. Best wishes to Coach C as he and his staff work to make the Panthers the best they can be. Again, best wishes to Coach Aric as he moves on to his next position wherever that may be.

Lebanon will struggle to win the line of scrimmage this year in most every game they play. Coach Harp's postgame comments indicated to me that he is frustrated with kids walking the halls that should be playing but don't have/won't make the commitment. He also called out parents of players who run down the program around their sons. I'm not sure how much of that is really going on but it's been 7 years since a playoff trip and 10 years since a playoff win at LHS. A culture of losing has probably set in there. Coach Harp didn't have to convince kids to come out for football at Danville. They saw the success of the product and wanted to be a part. I think he's been surprised by the 'I want it now and I want it easy' attitude he's found here. He seems to be committed to the process based on his words but I wonder how many years he'll want to fool with this?

Why do you say the principal at Portland is an idiot? I happen to know the man personally. He wants nothing more than for the school to have winning programs in all sports I can promise you that. I believe you yourself said the hiring of the new coach was a good one. In fact you are quoted as saying below. " This is a great hire by Mr. Woods". Read your post below from December of last year.

#213 BURebels

Advanced Member

Members

49 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Coach Greg Cavanah has been named as the new head coach for the Portland Panthers. This is a great hire by Mr. Woods. Best wishes to Coach C as he and his staff work to make the Panthers the best they can be. Again, best wishes to Coach Aric as he moves on to his next position wherever that may be.

The reason I think the principal is an idiot has nothing to do with who he hired as head coach. I think Coach Cavanah is a great hire, as I did back in Dec. what I find fault with Woods over is him dictating to Cavanah who he had to hire. Two coaches I know that Cavanah wanted on his staff, but The principal would not let him hire them. That is my problem with the principal. I know him personally and he wants to be a dictator just like his hero from Beech. Funny how that worked out.

So you are still here! Mj gets beat by 50 on a half and you go into hiatus, mj wins and now your posting every other hour. Seems to fit most mj people who are front runners..

Anyways, what are the games this week?

I know Gallatin has spring hill

And mj and Antioch,

Who else?

WCP; you must have missed me. How touching. I'm guessing I had about a half a dozen posts after the getting thrashed by Oakland. No hiatus; just busy with work and traveling.

I would think you would be a little more concerned about your Wildcats then what I am doing.

What are your expectations for WC vs LaVergne?

And by the way... Gallatin plays Springfield.

Edited by BKisler

Lebanon will struggle to win the line of scrimmage this year in most every game they play. Coach Harp's postgame comments indicated to me that he is frustrated with kids walking the halls that should be playing but don't have/won't make the commitment. He also called out parents of players who run down the program around their sons. I'm not sure how much of that is really going on but it's been 7 years since a playoff trip and 10 years since a playoff win at LHS. A culture of losing has probably set in there. Coach Harp didn't have to convince kids to come out for football at Danville. They saw the success of the product and wanted to be a part. I think he's been surprised by the 'I want it now and I want it easy' attitude he's found here. He seems to be committed to the process based on his words but I wonder how many years he'll want to fool with this?

Seems to me Coach Harp didnt do his research before accepting this job. It is never easy to turn around a losing situation, but having a guy like Harp who thinks kids will just come out in droves because of his resume usually arent the right fit. By no means is that a indictment on him as a coach, but he clearly underestimated football in this area, IMO. 

The reason I think the principal is an idiot has nothing to do with who he hired as head coach. I think Coach Cavanah is a great hire, as I did back in Dec. what I find fault with Woods over is him dictating to Cavanah who he had to hire. Two coaches I know that Cavanah wanted on his staff, but The principal would not let him hire them. That is my problem with the principal. I know him personally and he wants to be a dictator just like his hero from Beech. Funny how that worked out.

That is 100% inaccurate.  You obviously don't know the principal very well.  I believe if you talk to Coach Cavanah he will tell you he was able to hire exactly who he asked for based on teaching positions that were available in the school at the time.  Hiring coaches is a huge puzzle that somewhat is dictated by teaching positions available in the school.  He hired his good friend and good Coach Mark Nelson along with Jerry Turner and Doug Guelde all of whom he knew from previous coaching experiences and have come here from KY.  Sometimes in a high school setting you can't hire every single person you need based on teaching positions in the school.  You can't just go around firing teachers so that a football or basketball or baseball coach can have that spot.  Anyone who knows anything about how high schools are run can attest to that.  I can promise you that if Coach Cavanah needs a coach and a teaching position in available Mr. Woods will let him hire him.  That would go for any coach needing an assistant(s) in any sport.  The man is not the dictator you think.  He was great to work with when he was at Beech and I don't see any reason for it to be different in Portland.  His interest is in the school as a whole and he wants to see all the programs succeed.  Before you go blasting people you really need to now the facts and the truth. That is all I am saying.

That is 100% inaccurate.  You obviously don't know the principal very well.  I believe if you talk to Coach Cavanah he will tell you he was able to hire exactly who he asked for based on teaching positions that were available in the school at the time.  Hiring coaches is a huge puzzle that somewhat is dictated by teaching positions available in the school.  He hired his good friend and good Coach Mark Nelson along with Jerry Turner and Doug Guelde all of whom he knew from previous coaching experiences and have come here from KY.  Sometimes in a high school setting you can't hire every single person you need based on teaching positions in the school.  You can't just go around firing teachers so that a football or basketball or baseball coach can have that spot.  Anyone who knows anything about how high schools are run can attest to that.  I can promise you that if Coach Cavanah needs a coach and a teaching position in available Mr. Woods will let him hire him.  That would go for any coach needing an assistant(s) in any sport.  The man is not the dictator you think.  He was great to work with when he was at Beech and I don't see any reason for it to be different in Portland.  His interest is in the school as a whole and he wants to see all the programs succeed.  Before you go blasting people you really need to now the facts and the truth. That is all I am saying.

And all I'm saying is you don't know what you are talking about. There were two very good coaches already on staff that Cavanah wanted to keep, but the principal wouldn't let him. Mark Nelson was a great hire, Turner not so much. I know all I need to know about the principal at Portland.

And all I'm saying is you don't know what you are talking about. There were two very good coaches already on staff that Cavanah wanted to keep, but the principal wouldn't let him. Mark Nelson was a great hire, Turner not so much. I know all I need to know about the principal at Portland.