2014 9AAA

eers

My Picks for the Week-

WC over Beech-WC better than record indicates

Gallatin over Station Camp-Should be a great game

Lebanon Over Portland-close game could go either way both teams need a win

MJ in an upset over Hendersonville

WOW, you nailed our game,  We tried multiple ways to lose tonight, but managed a win. We had costly mistakes at the worst times. So did Lebanon. Both teams appeared to me, to play their guts out. Fortunately for us, the final miscue by Lebanon put the tide in our favor. I really and truly hope the young man does not blame himself for the loss, nor should he. They had just as many opportunities to blow the game wide open as we did. All the other miscues that Lebanon, and us for that matter, led up to that play, where the squib punt was muffed. I think, what I saw tonight, was at any time, either team could win. I have never seen two teams, with absolutely, nothing to play for, except for pride, play so hard. It was quite refreshing. Playing for pride. Nothing more, nothing less. I love Lebanon, lived there while I was at CU, but guys, support your kids. Our kids were even talking about how they felt sorry for the Lebanon players, they compared our facilities, to Lebanon's, they are miles apart with Lebanon being way ahead of us, then they looked in the stands, we had twice as many fans as Lebanon did. It appeared most on Lebanon's were there to watch the band perform,( they did a great job) and left after half time. You have to support your kids, after all they are playing for YOU. Their community. The way both teams fought till the end, I wished we could play them every week,  but  wish just as much, the fans show up for their players. I dont think we had anyone leave during the typhoon that blew through, and the kids fed off of it......speaking of team rules, I love them, and I love when they are followed. It has been a rough year, lots of injuries and mistakes. Long losing record, you all know our situation, we have team rules. How many in our situation would have a coach that would actually follow the rules they set forth and bench the starting qb and dismiss the second starting running back from the team, for not following team rules, right in the middle of one of our worst seasons? Ours did,  and I applaud them for it. Nothing comes before team, no player, no one. It teaches them lessons, they will learn no other way.  Old school, and I love it. Hope everyone had a safe night, and again thanks for the messages about my son, it means a lot. 

Wilson Central upsets Beech. Wow!! I guess everybody knows to load the box and dare them to throw.

Honestly, WC loading the box and Beech's inability to throw are not why the game turned out the way it did. It was Beech's inability to stop the 3 plays that WC ran over and over. I saw a defense that for the most part didn't look like they were interested in being there. Beech has a lot of soul searching to do during the bye week to decide if they want to come out and compete or fold up there tents and go home.

Honestly, WC loading the box and Beech's inability to throw are not why the game turned out the way it did. It was Beech's inability to stop the 3 plays that WC ran over and over. I saw a defense that for the most part didn't look like they were interested in being there. Beech has a lot of soul searching to do during the bye week to decide if they want to come out and compete or fold up there tents and go home.

I just do not understand Beech right now. Great running game but QB questions and a defense that can't stop too many right now. Last year they kind of fizzled toward the end of the season. I would like another shot at them right now since the Wave have healed up.

I just do not understand Beech right now. Great running game but QB questions and a defense that can't stop too many right now. Last year they kind of fizzled toward the end of the season. I would like another shot at them right now since the Wave have healed up.

Gallatin would win a rematch.

I said Wilson County wasn't as bad as their record and that they would upset someone...just didn't think it would be Beech. There's still an outside chance that Beech can win the district. Very outside, but they control their own fate.

I think Hendersonville has proven to this point they are the best team in the district by far.

If I had to guess, I would say Hendersonville wins the district and beech finishes second (with a 5-5 record). Hendersonville, Beech and Gallatin make the playoffs, not sure anyone else does.

Overall a pretty disappointing year for 9AAA.

IF beech goes 5-5 and Wilson central goes 5-5 beech can finish second. I believe Beech will be second because of district record. IF Wilson central can play with the same confidence they had in the second half of Beech game they will win out and finish 5-5

Edited by werazzlin

IF beech goes 5-5 and Wilson central goes 5-5 beech can finish second. I believe Beech will be second because of district record. IF Wilson central can play with the same confidence they had in the second half of Beech game they will win out and finish 5-5

I believe finish is based solely on district record.