District 10A, What order will they finish. What Key returning players

gtripledip

It's football time in Tennessee! Tell me what you think and what you know. All the "talking-heads" Nashville Christian running away with the district title into the State championship game. Word is that have 4 or 5 future SEC players, maybe 10, Lol. Can anybody else compete with them? Will Jo Byrns be able to replace QB Akins? What will E Rob do without their Mr. Bell? Can Clarksville Academy keep enough players healthy to be competitive this season. What will McEwen or Houston County make a run at the District title. I see some very small rosters in this district. Can you be competitive with 25-30 players. Can these 1A schools whip the 3A and 4A schools on their schedules.

Edited by gtripledip

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's football time in Tennessee! Tell me what you think and what you know. All the "talking-heads" Nashville Christian running away with the district title into the State championship game. Word is that have 4 or 5 future SEC players, maybe 10, Lol. Can anybody else compete with them? Will Jo Byrns be able to replace QB Akins? What will E Rob do without their Mr. Bell? Can Clarksville Academy keep enough players healthy to be competitive this season. What will McEwen or Houston County make a run at the District title. I see some very small rosters in this district. Can you be competitive with 25-30 players. Can these 1A schools whip the 3A and 4A schools on their schedules.

Have to agree with Mr TSSAA.  If we stay healthy, everyone else in the district will be playing for second.  And if UC stays healthy, everyone in the state will be playing for second.

NCS has some concerns after losing QB and MLB to graduation.  A junior will start at QB and be backed up by one of the best athletes in the school who has decided to come out and be part of a team hoping to win a state championship.  A new set has been added to the offense in case of injuries at QB.

To touch on your future SEC players comment........ you might want to keep your eye on them in the first halves because we will be scoring so many points, they won't be playing too much in the second halves.  Here's what it will look like.......

handoff to Bituli, run to the right behind Givens

handoff to Bituli, run to the left behind Givens

handoff to Bituli, run up the middle behind Givens

Good luck trying to stop it  ;)

gtripledip,

Where did JR Rudolph end up going to college? He was an awesome player.

Don't think Big John going to play football in college. Think he just wants to be a student.

Also, your earlier coment about your running back. He is fast, big and good. Hope he stays healthy. Believe me, us at CA know what it like for you main skill players to miss most of the season. We finished last year dressing 23 players. Lots of freshmen. I know NCS is loaded but that's why we play the games. You never know. Good luck in your season and we will see you at the Last Regular season game. We have a touch schedule and hope to be healthy as a team when we play each other.

Edited by gtripledip

Have to agree with Mr TSSAA.  If we stay healthy, everyone else in the district will be playing for second.  And if UC stays healthy, everyone in the state will be playing for second.

NCS has some concerns after losing QB and MLB to graduation.  A junior will start at QB and be backed up by one of the best athletes in the school who has decided to come out and be part of a team hoping to win a state championship.  A new set has been added to the offense in case of injuries at QB.

To touch on your future SEC players comment........ you might want to keep your eye on them in the first halves because we will be scoring so many points, they won't be playing too much in the second halves.  Here's what it will look like.......

handoff to Bituli, run to the right behind Givens

handoff to Bituli, run to the left behind Givens

handoff to Bituli, run up the middle behind Givens

Good luck trying to stop it  ;)

Sounds kinda "cocky". Lol!

Lots of eggs in two baskets. I'm sure NCS is loaded.

Don't think Big John going to play football in college. Think he just wants to be a student.

Also, your earlier coment about your running back. He is fast, big and good. Hope he stays healthy. Believe me, us at CA know what it like for you main skill players to miss most of the season. We finished last year dressing 23 players. Lots of freshmen. I know NCS is loaded but that's why we play the games. You never know. Good luck in your season and we will see you at the Last Regular season game. We have a touch schedule and hope to be healthy as a team when we play each other.

You are certainly right about the injuries. We have plenty of options on offense to keep defenses honest but if either of the two SEC bound guys goes down we will be just another 1A team. Those two make us hopeful to go deep into November.

Sounds kinda "cocky". Lol!

Lots of eggs in two baskets. I'm sure NCS is loaded.

Hey gtripledip, pass this article on to your coaching staff up there at CA.  :rolleyes:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/preps/2014/02/19/prep-football-targeting-penalty-wont-be-as-harsh-as-college/5619309/

As an aside you guys do an amazing job on your field each year. It's got to be one of the best natural grass turfs in the State. I'm sure you and your assistants put a a lot of time and hard work in. 

I join everyone in praying for an injury free season for all the fine young men who give their blood, sweat, and tears to represent their respective schools in football each year. 

Hey gtripledip, pass this article on to your coaching staff up there at CA.  :rolleyes:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/preps/2014/02/19/prep-football-targeting-penalty-wont-be-as-harsh-as-college/5619309/

Good one!!!  I'm sure a little video footage from the past two years' NCS vs. CA games and a phone call from Nashville to Hermitage had something to do with this  ;)

Any Jo Byrns or Houston county fans out there.

Hey hey hey,,, ant long til them Friday night lights shine once again, and the smell of tobacco barns smoking in Devil land,,,, as I've said B4 looks like NC is on a collision coarse with UC once again but we might aught to be watching them wildcats from Wayne co, them boys putting something together again. My Devils ? Well I jus don't know yet, in the line we gunna be good to go but skill positions is the big question,,, I guess in most cases at the lower classifications you either have one or the other, jus my gut feeling I think the Devils will have a more than average yr and go a round or two in the playoffs, essentially that's a good yr for most, coach Adkins will get the most out of the boys and jus may win a game or two as the underdog,,, I think the Devils go to clay co for a scrimmage then the following week to 4a chetham co then play 4a sycamore in the east Robertson jamboree,,,, guess we'll see soon,, good luck to all ! Go Red Devils

Hey hey hey,,, ant long til them Friday night lights shine once again, and the smell of tobacco barns smoking in Devil land,,,, as I've said B4 looks like NC is on a collision coarse with UC once again but we might aught to be watching them wildcats from Wayne co, them boys putting something together again. My Devils ? Well I jus don't know yet, in the line we gunna be good to go but skill positions is the big question,,, I guess in most cases at the lower classifications you either have one or the other, jus my gut feeling I think the Devils will have a more than average yr and go a round or two in the playoffs, essentially that's a good yr for most, coach Adkins will get the most out of the boys and jus may win a game or two as the underdog,,, I think the Devils go to clay co for a scrimmage then the following week to 4a chetham co then play 4a sycamore in the east Robertson jamboree,,,, guess we'll see soon,, good luck to all ! Go Red Devils

I was hoping you and Moto would see this thread and jump on board.

We play WC at the Page jamboree on Aug. 15th.  I'm sure the coaches did that so we could get another look at the veer.  I've been hearing the same things you mentioned about how good WC is coming together this year.  That's all we need - two (UC and WC) awesome teams in the West running the veer that can't be stopped.