District 10A, What order will they finish. What Key returning players

gtripledip

I was hoping you and Moto would see this thread and jump on board.

We play WC at the Page jamboree on Aug. 15th. I'm sure the coaches did that so we could get another look at the veer. I've been hearing the same things you mentioned about how good WC is coming together this year. That's all we need - two (UC and WC) awesome teams in the West running the veer that can't be stopped.

Gunna be an outstanding yr for 1A in the west that's for sure, if coach brothers has got that butuli kid going north and south and delivering punishment in the hole, then u guys jus may play for a ring, UC is jus so physical up front it's jus hard to deal with in 1A ball,,, you guys and WC should be a great indicator for both programs as to where you are at and what adjustments need to be made

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

Hey gtripledip, pass this article on to your coaching staff up there at CA. :rolleyes:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/preps/2014/02/19/prep-football-targeting-penalty-wont-be-as-harsh-as-college/5619309/

As an aside you guys do an amazing job on your field each year. It's got to be one of the best natural grass turfs in the State. I'm sure you and your assistants put a a lot of time and hard work in.

I join everyone in praying for an injury free season for all the fine young men who give their blood, sweat, and tears to represent their respective schools in football each year.

What stood out to me was.. no reviews, no overturning. And YES it does happen!!! > an official with a vendetta or sumin against a coach or team (who knows "why", one of a million reasons, they just do), and POW, they pull out this rule and get you. My point is.. reviews and overturning should be a part of game imo, thus keeping things fair, and weeding out the rare zebra who makes the game about them and their powers, thus sucking fairness, enjoyment, and accountability out of the game. No reviews on any call that is obviously "one of those" kinds that these forums are full of talking about, those clearly BAD ones that cost games, even championships, these really need reviewed, with officials being reprimanded in some way or something. Just being honest and real. But this post will probable never stay long on here, and I may get a warning for saying such truths. But "no reviews"... that glared out at me in this article, and reveals a bigger picture problem/ issue to me, namely, accountability for h.s. officials. Where is it?

Hey gtripledip, pass this article on to your coaching staff up there at CA. :rolleyes:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/preps/2014/02/19/prep-football-targeting-penalty-wont-be-as-harsh-as-college/5619309/

As an aside you guys do an amazing job on your field each year. It's got to be one of the best natural grass turfs in the State. I'm sure you and your assistants put a a lot of time and hard work in.

I join everyone in praying for an injury free season for all the fine young men who give their blood, sweat, and tears to represent their respective schools in football each year.

I hope your not suggesting that our players intentional "targeted" someone. Blocking is not the same. I know NCS was upset that blocked the football player called the "kicker" . They were not trying to hurt anyone just doing their blocking assignment. A kicker left unblocked does make tackles. Blocking is not targeting!

According to the article.

“Targeting is an act of taking aim and initiating contact to an opponent above the shoulders with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulders.†This is not what happen.

I have seen very few times where players try to hurt one another. Sometimes they get caught up in emotion and make bad decisions that hurt their own team. Neither coach, yours or ours will intentionally tell someone to "target" a player.

That's were I stand on the issue.

Clarksville Academy will be travels to Columbia Academy this Friday for a 3-way scrimmage with them and Eagleville. Both Columbia and Eagleville teams have "stud" players and will be a handful. They are top tier teams in 1A and 2A. I'm sure all three teams are ready to hit someone other than their own players. Clarksville has no players that are "ranked" by the talking heads and are expected to finish in the middle of 10A. Just some boys that like to play the game. I hope the three teams survive the scrimmages injury free. Everybody is looking forward to the competition. Go Cougars!

I hope your not suggesting that our players intentional "targeted" someone. Blocking is not the same. I know NCS was upset that blocked the football player called the "kicker" . They were not trying to hurt anyone just doing their blocking assignment. A kicker left unblocked does make tackles. Blocking is not targeting!

According to the article.

“Targeting is an act of taking aim and initiating contact to an opponent above the shoulders with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulders.†This is not what happen.

I have seen very few times where players try to hurt one another. Sometimes they get caught up in emotion and make bad decisions that hurt their own team. Neither coach, yours or ours will intentionally tell someone to "target" a player.

That's were I stand on the issue.

Well I don't want to rehash the past but if you believe blocking consist of one guy grabbing the kicker by the jersey throwing him down then holding him down while a another player runs and spears the kicker in the lower back and all this happens 20 yards away from the ball carrier...then you and I will have to disagree.

Let's move on....hopefully after NCS hangs 60 on "THE ACADEMY" this year we will be able to agree we witnessed a clean, hard hitting game, albeit a one sided affair.

Good one!!!  I'm sure a little video footage from the past two years' NCS vs. CA games and a phone call from Nashville to Hermitage had something to do with this  ;)

Is that the same video that you talked about posting somewhere last year? Let it go. I've seen the film from both sideline and end zone angle. It was a "football" play. Kickers are football players, the good ones also make tackles. They need to be blocked. Go on the web, you can see video of kickers making tackles, saving game winning touchdowns because no one blocked them.

Well I don't want to rehash the past but if you believe blocking consist of one guy grabbing the kicker by the jersey throwing him down then holding him down while a another player runs and spears the kicker in the lower back and all this happens 20 yards away from the ball carrier...then you and I will have to disagree.

Let's move on....hopefully after NCS hangs 60 on "THE ACADEMY" this year we will be able to agree we witnessed a clean, hard hitting game, albeit a one sided affair.

You funny, you bring up a subject and then say you don't want to rehash the past. No one held someone down while someone else hit them. That's not what happen, no matter how many time you write it, don't make it true.

As far as your "60" comment, I hope that doesn't happen, but it's our defenses job to stop you and our offenses job to score points.

We just have to play the game.

• 2 weeks later...