District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

Tired of talking football. I know it's early but I can always talk hoops. What are the preseason predictions for the year? My predictions are based on returning players/starters

1. Catholic: returns 4 starters from last year and they get back Jordan Anderson who only played in 3 games last year. Very young team. 7 sophomores and a freshman are on the varsity.

2. Alcoa: will be talented. Brandon Teeter will be one of the best players in 4AA. Athletic group that can run.

3. CAK: losing Lee hurts but Wells is an excellent coach and will have the Warriors competing I can see CAK finishing higher.

4. Scott County: Butts can flat out score, not much depth.

5. Kingston: Narramore gets the most out of kids. They play hard and compete.

Edited by QSouth89

Tired of talking football. I know it's early but I can always talk hoops. What are the preseason predictions for the year? My predictions are based on returning players/starters

1. Alcoa: will be deep and talented. Brandon Teeter will be one of the best players in 4AA. Athletic group that can run.

2. Catholic: returns 4 starters from last year and they get back Jordan Anderson who only played in 3 games last year. Very young team. 7 sophomores and a freshman are on the varsity.

3. CAK: losing Lee hurts but Wells is an excellent coach and will have the Warriors competing I can see CAK finishing higher.

Alcoa will not be deep....lost 4 out of 5 starters with teeter only starter back! Key players on the bench were also seniors! Need to check your info on this one!

Alcoa will not be deep....lost 4 out of 5 starters with teeter only starter back! Key players on the bench were also seniors! Need to check your info on this one!

I saw them this summer at camp and I was impressed with what they had. So my facts are based on having actually seen them play and this is my opinion, If Catholic can get over the injury bug that plagued them last year then they could win the district. Catholic lost one game all summer (lost to Sevier Co with half the team missing) Playing all those young guys last year may pay off this year. Edited by QSouth89

I saw them this summer at camp and I was impressed with what they had. So my facts are based on having actually seen them play and this is my opinion, If Catholic can get over the injury bug that plagued them last year then they could win the district. Catholic lost one game all summer (lost to Sevier Co with half the team missing) Playing all those young guys last year may pay off this year.

I saw them this summer at camp and I was impressed with what they had. So my facts are based on having actually seen them play and this is my opinion, If Catholic can get over the injury bug that plagued them last year then they could win the district. Catholic lost one game all summer (lost to Sevier Co with half the team missing) Playing all those young guys last year may pay off this year.

Q,......summer ball is summer ball.....agree with you about Catholic....lot of youngsters with serious minutes last year and they should be in the mix but the 4-aa district should be a tight race....look at 3-aa last year....district play was brutal like the sec.....summer ball is an opportunity to get better but too early to crown anyone yet.....remember it's 17 & 18 year olds making decisions!!!

CCHS (Cumberland County) beat Catholic this summer at Karns, but I think Catholic was without some it's better players.  But it is summer ball, I know Cumberland County was rotating 3 sets of 5 every 5-8 minutes no matter the game situation.  Catholic does have lots of good young talent!  

CCHS (Cumberland County) beat Catholic this summer at Karns, but I think Catholic was without some it's better players. But it is summer ball, I know Cumberland County was rotating 3 sets of 5 every 5-8 minutes no matter the game situation. Catholic does have lots of good young talent!

Against CCHS the Irish sat their starters and regular rotation guys. Most of the guys who played in that game will probably play JV.

Q,......summer ball is summer ball.....agree with you about Catholic....lot of youngsters with serious minutes last year and they should be in the mix but the 4-aa district should be a tight race....look at 3-aa last year....district play was brutal like the sec.....summer ball is an opportunity to get better but too early to crown anyone yet.....remember it's 17 & 18 year olds making decisions!!!

Agree with you about summer ball, it's hard to gauge what the kids can really do. In Catholic's case guys were doing football too. 8 of Catholic's varsity players play football. School that small gotta share athletes. Once the season starts we will have a better grasp on who can do what. After all you still have to go out and play.

Since Q-man has done  a pretty thorough job of listing 4-aa teams what will their region competition be like over at 3-aa...can you give a  breakdown of that district and its teams?

I know very little about that district.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say Carter wins 3-AA.  Jordan Bowdon returns for Carter and Kelvin Jackson transferred from Fulton to Strawberry Plains.  Not sure how many other players return for the Hornets.  I'm going to guess:

1. Carter

2. Fulton

3. A-E

4. G-Pittman

5. Union County

6. Pigeon Forge

Edited by QSouth89

1. Catholic: returns 4 starters from last year and they get back Jordan Anderson who only played in 3 games last year. Very young team. 7 sophomores and a freshman are on the varsity.

2. Alcoa: will be talented. Brandon Teeter will be one of the best players in 4AA. Athletic group that can run.

good post

I know very little about that district.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say Carter wins 3-AA.  Jordan Bowdon returns for Carter and Kelvin Jackson transferred from Fulton to Strawberry Plains.  Not sure how many other players return for the Hornets.  I'm going to guess:

1. Carter

2. Fulton

3. A-E

4. G-Pittman

5. Union County

6. Pigeon Forge