District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

I saw Kingston at a play day yesterday. Good guard play, they are a little weak inside. A team that is physical will give them fits as long as that team can handle since Kingston tries to pressure full court. In varsity action, they lost all games to Cumberland co, Oliver Springs, and Clarkrange.

The district is loaded with guard play.

Alcoa loses heartbreaker to McMinn Central. We've got some shooters this year, so hopefully we can put this behind us, especially after the football team comes back. Heartbreak City tonight....

But it means nothing in the long run, so let's move on...

Alcoa has a good team. I was surprised McMinn Central beat them without some of their best players who are still playing football.

Alcoa has a good team. I was surprised McMinn Central beat them without some of their best players who are still playing football.

We have the shooters, but right now our biggest weakness is getting back on defense. That might change when our football players come back, so who knows?

And I know it's been awhile since McMinn Central was short on basketball players due to football still going on. But trust me, that's a good problem to have. QSouth89 and IrishBBall would agree on that, too. LOL

Irish weren't short handed? Who needs posts? LOL. Great start to the game with a 24 point first qtr. We look to have really benefited from our strength and conditioning work by the non-footballers. Good test for the first game because Cosby can flat stroke it from 3. Who coaches the posts? Those guys were fouling machines....seriously all the posts in foul trouble 4 minutes into the game. Let's blame Drew, he's the youngest on the staff.