District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

I will speak on CAK and a little on everyone else.

Catholic: Loaded and will be one of the best team in any class. Has a great coaching staff that do what they do and they do it very well. Don't know much about their freshman but hear they are really good. Catholic hasn't been healthy in a while so that will new to everyone in 4AA seeing them at full strength.

Alcoa: Lost a lot. Will be big and athletic and the young kids are really good. Excited to see Coach K get to have his own kids. Tough sometimes taking over a senior laden group that was used to playing for someone else. Coach K will be a good stamp on his program this year.

Scott: Said it last year they would be a sleeper team. Not going to be a sleeper team because we all know they are good and well coached. Probably have the best scorer in the district in Butts. Senior guards are so very important. Jared may one of the best young coaches in East Tennessee.

Kingston: Return a lot of guys and has a coach that always puts them in position to win and be successful. They have a senior guard who is very good and Tyler Thompson has grew to around 6'4. Losing Quint Gasque was a major blow.

CAK: Was below average this summer but always seem to struggle in summer play. Lucas Campbell will be one of the top players in the region. They return a lot of players but lost a lot of scoring and leadership in the two seniors. Not sure if the transfer is playing.

Schedule will be a lot of fun with games at: Oak Ridge, Hardin Valley, FRA, and nationally ranked CPA in Nashville. Look for a game with Hamilton Heights or Ensworth a possibility as CAK has one more game to fill. These games will prepare CAK for the tough district schedule.

Playing such a tough schedule will prepare CAK for district play. Hutch tried to schedule some tougher teams but couldn't get anyone to play (Bearden, Upperman, and Pigeon Forge informed Hutch that they didn't want to play and they couldn't work out dates with Dobyns-Bennett). The Irish will still play teams like Maryville, Karns, and Powell and they've added Grace, AE, and Stewarts Creek. He's talking about going to Memphis next year to play if we can't get games. But I have to admit CAK is playing an extremely tough schedule. Edited by QSouth89

I will speak on CAK and a little on everyone else.

Catholic: Loaded and will be one of the best team in any class. Has a great coaching staff that do what they do and they do it very well. Don't know much about their freshman but hear they are really good. Catholic hasn't been healthy in a while so that will new to everyone in 4AA seeing them at full strength.

Alcoa: Lost a lot. Will be big and athletic and the young kids are really good. Excited to see Coach K get to have his own kids. Tough sometimes taking over a senior laden group that was used to playing for someone else. Coach K will be a good stamp on his program this year.

Scott: Said it last year they would be a sleeper team. Not going to be a sleeper team because we all know they are good and well coached. Probably have the best scorer in the district in Butts. Senior guards are so very important. Jared may one of the best young coaches in East Tennessee.

Kingston: Return a lot of guys and has a coach that always puts them in position to win and be successful. They have a senior guard who is very good and Tyler Thompson has grew to around 6'4. Losing Quint Gasque was a major blow.

CAK: Was below average this summer but always seem to struggle in summer play. Lucas Campbell will be one of the top players in the region. They return a lot of players but lost a lot of scoring and leadership in the two seniors. Not sure if the transfer is playing.

Schedule will be a lot of fun with games at: Oak Ridge, Hardin Valley, FRA, and nationally ranked CPA in Nashville. Look for a game with Hamilton Heights or Ensworth a possibility as CAK has one more game to fill. These games will prepare CAK for the tough district schedule.

That's a brutal schedule for the Warriors. But I'm sure that will help them, not to mention Shane Wells is not so bad of a coach ;)

People seem to like Coach K, so I'll go with that. I just don't think I've seen him prove himself as a coach yet. Time will tell there.

Coach K. does a good job.With Alcoa being a football school he has to wait on players till December and then they have to get into basketball shape. Fans have to be patient and understanding. I've yet to see a kid come off the grid iron and jump onto the hardwood and not miss a beat.

Edited by QSouth89

Coach K. does a good job.With Alcoa being a football school he has to wait on players till December and then they have to get into basketball shape. Fans have to be patient and understanding. I've yet to see a kid come off the grid iron and jump onto the hardwood and not miss a beat.

Gridiron to hardwood is quite a transition, LOL. From what I've seen, basketball has been an afterthought since the days of David Marsh. Micah Marsh had some success, but I think Tony Jones ticked a few people off, especially alumni when he talked about "bringing" tradition to Alcoa (he obviously didn't see our banners in the gym).

Edited by AlcoaBasketball

Coach K is a very good basketball coach.  Taking over a senior group is probably harder than taking over a young group because they had seen a certain system for a while.  I think he was stuck with about 6 players till December and made a run at Sub-State.  He also has some very good players coming his way.

Coach K is a very good basketball coach. Taking over a senior group is probably harder than taking over a young group because they had seen a certain system for a while. I think he was stuck with about 6 players till December and made a run at Sub-State. He also has some very good players coming his way.

I hope we have some good up-and-comings. That's why I've been quiet and shy at predicting how our season will go, because I really don't know. Joel Kirk did most of the coaching when TJ was here. Hopefully the young players will have the system down and we can pull it together, but truthfully, that might take another year.

With all the young talent that Catholic, CAK, and Alcoa have the next two years could be some classic battles.  I remember being in the Smokey Mountain Conference back in 1996 and our district was stacked.  University High, Cosby, Unaka, and Hancock County were all loaded with talent (all four teams were 11-3 in the district) and all ranked in the top 10 in single A. Out of the four Hancock made it to state. What's ironic is that same year Catholic was number 1 and finished the regular season undefeated.  

Edited by QSouth89