District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

With all the talk about Catholic, Alcoa and CAK, what does Scott County and Kingston have returning? I know the Yellowjackets will have new coach. Speaking of which have they hired anyone?

To my knowledge Colt has not left the program. I live in Roane County and have multiple connections to Roane County High. Nothing has been reported to-date other than the rumors earlier, and they turned out to be incorrect. There have been no reports in the local papers and my connections indicated recently he was not leaving. Finally, no bulletin is posted for the boys' basketball coaching position on the TSSAA website.

He did step down, he even told the players. It's not posted because there is a hiring freeze in the county I believe.

There is a hiring freeze yet Harriman has posted its vacancy and is seeking a new head coach. So why would Roane County High not post its vacancy if there was one?

Think on that for a bit.

Edited by CrazyEd

Yes, Harriman is going to begin interviews this week according to the Roane County News.

865BB, I cannot speak to the meeting you are referring to (it seems you have specific knowledge regarding this), but it appears he is staying. Yes, he is a good coach and Kingston should be happ to have him.

Yes, Harriman is going to begin interviews this week according to the Roane County News.

865BB, I cannot speak to the meeting you are referring to (it seems you have specific knowledge regarding this), but it appears he is staying. Yes, he is a good coach and Kingston should be happ to have him.

I know this is the 4AA forum but I am curious about the frontrunners for the Harriman job.  You always hear rumors about guys getting a job (usually started by the guy wanting the job lol) but the name I've been hearing associated with that position is Mike Reynolds from Jellico. Would be a good hire.

Edited by QSouth89

I know this is the 4AA forum but I am curious about the frontrunners for the Harriman job.  You always hear rumors about guys getting a job (usually started by the guy wanting the job lol) but the name I've been hearing associated with that position is Mike Reynolds from Jellico. Would be a good hire.

All I can report is what is in the Roane County News. According to Bobby Clark, the AD and Vice-Principal, "we're probably going to have to look at lining up someone with a special education job. . . We've got a teacher leaving so we're going to have a special education spot open. Maybe marketing, so it's going to be very limited on the types of teachers we're going to be looking for."

Right now everything is being held close to the vest, but if this information is correct the Jellico coach would have difficulty since he is certified in history and recreation (I guess this is PE?). Who knows, if a school wants someone enough they usually find a spot for him or her.

Like I posted in the thread on coaching hires, there were 50+ applicants from what I have been told. The vast majority of these are currently assistant coaches.

Mr. Clark said he would pare down the list to about 8 and wanted to get the interview process underway, hopefully by the end of this week.

Whoever is hired will be at a disadvantage due to the self-imposed sanctions. Spring practice/camp time would be important to any new coach trying to institute his system.

Back on the 4-AA front, unless something unexpected happens, Colt will remain at Roane County High.