Murphy Fair's Preseason 6A - All-State Team

kwc

Agreed. Very good comparison. Neither one got any kind of praise. Murphy was another defender for Blackman that nobody noticed. People do not realize how much Blackman will miss their presence this season

Yeah Murphy wuz #9 rite......???......He wuz a good playur two......Eye've jist watched two minny Stork viddy-o's and cain see tha guys makin' plays..... :popcorneater:

It seems that the Southwind High School to the University of Memphis pipeline is still flowing. It makes sense, if you think about it actually, seeing that the Southwind HC is a graduate and ex U of M strong safety. I don't think that is why the young man was offered, but it probably didn't hinder anything either.  The mere fact that young man is currently a 6'-3", 220 lb. DE, who has been timed to run a 4.67 40-yard dash (according to his HUDL profile) may have more to do with that. Not everybody who will be playing D-1 football on Saturday's can get their name on Murphy's pre-season 6A team, but there are plenty of guys who could be alternatives ... I think this guy is one of them. Below is the Article written by John Varlas in today's Commercial Appeal. (Football is in the air when the local paper starts writing high school recruiting stories in the summer!) Link below.

Southwind star DE John McDougle says he'll be a Tiger

John McDougle's HUDL profile with JR year highlights

Well ... there are two things you can't coach ... Size and Speed ... this young man has both! I'm sure I'll see him play sometime this season before he becomes a U of M Tiger.

Edited by kwc

Elijah Phipps (#48 For Whitehaven) didn't look that big to me but one thing is for sure he is a Baller and gives max effort I'm glad to see him on the list along with McMillon.

According to the last roster that I saw Elijah Phipps has grown in stature and has become significantly heavier from his junior year, If I am to believe what I read.  I have to admit that I was surprised as well to see his name on the list.

5 Shelby-Metro players out of 24 isn't bad but I still feel its not really proper representation...

Agreed.

To have three young men on the 6A Pre-Season All State Team at RB and only one (1) of them is listed on one (1) of the four (4) recruiting services that I frequent speaks volumes. Especially since the one that was listed was very low on the list of recruits. However, the young man from Memphis Central, Deddrick Thomas, is listed on all four and significantly high on the list; who, has been offered by five (5) D-1 schools and two (2) of the five (5) are SEC schools, to which one (1) of the two (2) SEC schools he has verbally committed.

Oh well ... it is what it is. Murphy's not perfect and I appreciate what he does. Just my 0.02 cents worth of an opinion.

Edited by kwc
  • Upvote 1

Agreed.

To have three young men on the 6A Pre-Season All State Team at RB and only one (1) of them is listed on one (1) of the four (4) recruiting services that I frequent speaks volumes. Especially since the one that was listed was very low on the list of recruits. However, the young man from Memphis Central, Deddrick Thomas, is listed on all four and significantly high on the list; who, has been offered by five (5) D-1 schools and two (2) of the five (5) are SEC schools, to which one (1) of the two (2) SEC schools he has verbally committed.

Oh well ... it is what it is. Murphy's not perfect and I appreciate what he does. Just my 0.02 cents worth of an opinion.

WOW 

Agreed.

I failed to note that Deddrick Thomas isn't listed as a RB ... he's listed as an ATH, eventhough he plays QB at Central.

However, the position for which he's listed shouldn't matter because he's one of the top recruits in the entire state regardless of position and he should have been listed on the All State Team. Period.

Edited by kwc

Another Maryville player that should have been nominated is Defensive Tackle Ritchie Koons. Koons gets overlooked because of Dylan Jackson. I do know this. Koons is a grown man. Koons is 6'3 285lbs. Kid benches close to 400lbs and squats over 500lbs. Maryville had a great run defense. They shut down a lot of good teams run game. Koons is a big reason why.