Does East Hamilton really have a 385 lb. lineman?

blazer1set

Once again Vick..ignorance.  Its not an insult its a fact.  You see, when you don't know something you are ignorant.  You don't know me, you don't know where I went to school, you don't know my knowledge about this young man at EH.  But, yet you want to post things about me.  Thus, ignorance.  I've consistently said on these boards Gatewood is most likely the best coach in this area.  I still think he is.  He's classy, a heck of a coach, and gets the most out of this kids he coaches, and as of yet, I don't think hes been involved in any wrongdoing..meaning any illegal player or whatever.  My concern is in the health of this close to 400 lb kid.  And, I can almost guarantee you my knowledge of the field of lifting and nutrition is way more than this young man has and yours as well.  Yes, this could be an ignorant comment on my behalf since I dont know you either.  But I'm willing to go out on that limb.  Now, you keep rooting for your Canes and quit assuming I went to Central and maybe along the way use some of your energy towards me to help this kid out.

Once again, Tis, you have no clue what you're talking about.  That's also a fact.  It's quite clear by what your have typed that you have very little clue about the young mans situation at East Hamilton or how exercise works or how human beings can be predisposed to being overweight or that you can still be healthy and overweight.  Those aren't the only things you're ignorant about, but we will start there.

I don't need to know you, nor would I want to.  I never said I did.  However, I can read what you typed and that is what I am basing my assertions of your ignorance.  I don't need to know you to make such an assertion.  Words mean things and the ones you've chosen to artlessly piece together in an attempt to be a sanctimonious windbag in regard to this young mans weight have told me all I need to know about you.

I don't care what you think about Coach Gatewood or what you think about anything at all.  You're the same guy that thinks John Allen is a good coach.  You have very little credibility when it comes to your opinion of football in this area.  You have no concern for this young mans health, nor do you have any idea about how things are run at East Hamilton.  He has to pass a physical every year to play football  He is actively involved in yearly strength and conditioning at a school that takes an active interest in his well-being.  If there were any issue with this young mans health, he WOULD NOT be playing football.  Great care is taken by the coaches and trainers at East Hamilton to keep everyone on the football team healthy.

I have a degree in exercise science and a minor in biology.  Your "knowledge in the field of lifting and nutrition" doesn't hold a candle to mine.  I will take you to task on that claim any day of the week.

Your limb broke a long time ago.  I don't have to "assume" when it comes to people like you.  I've been around your type.  You're a "know-it-all", busy-body.  If you didn't graduate from Central, you're an honorary Central Purple Jabroni, for sure.

You need to use your energy to get a life.  This kid doesn't need help.  You, on the other hand, need a lot of it.

Edited by DougVick

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Tis, you have no clue what you're talking about.  That's also a fact.  It's quite clear by what your have typed that you have very little clue about the young mans situation at East Hamilton or how exercise works or how human beings can be predisposed to being overweight or that you can still be healthy and overweight.  Those aren't the only things you're ignorant about, but we will start there.

I don't need to know you, nor would I want to.  I never said I did.  However, I can read what you typed and that is what I am basing my assertions of your ignorance.  I don't need to know you to make such an assertion.  Words mean things and the ones you've chosen to artlessly piece together in an attempt to be a sanctimonious windbag in regard to this young mans weight have told me all I need to know about you.

I don't care what you think about Coach Gatewood or what you think about anything at all.  You're the same guy that thinks John Allen is a good coach.  You have very little credibility when it comes to your opinion of football in this area.  You have no concern for this young mans health.  He has to pass a physical every year to play football  He is actively involved in yearly strength and conditioning at a school that takes an active interest in his well-being.  If there were any issue with this young mans health, he WOULD NOT be playing football.  Great care is taken by the coaches and trainers at East Hamilton to keep everyone on the football team healthy.

I have a degree in exercise science and a minor in biology.  Your "knowledge in the field of lifting and nutrition" doesn't hold a candle to mine.  I will take you to task on that claim any day of the week.

Your limb broke a long time ago.  I don't have to "assume" when it comes to people like you.  I've been around your type.  You're a "know-it-all", busy-body.  If you didn't graduate from Central, you're an honorary Central Purple Jabroni, for sure.

You need to use your energy to get a life.  This kid doesn't need help.  You, on the other hand, need a lot of it.

Dougie, you don't have to explain anything to this unhappy Central fan who claims that all of our players live in the Central district. What he needs to be concerned about is the coaching and administration that can't seem to utilize the talent they already have. Don't worry about big D . Unless you were at the weigh ins. I consider your comments to be full of grass fertilizer.

TISTHESEASON ..NOT SO JOLLY ENOUGH ALREADY

Oh and passive.. I thought more of you than that. To Jump in the middle of something like that. Ill say I thought more of you.

You need to be more responsible about what you say about a kid and do you really know anything about his health? Or how much he weights.? You got other idiots on this post that actually believe some of the rhetoric coming out your mouth . I think you cross the line buddy. You have no clue about the health of this kid other than your opinion that really don't matter. We all know and talk about how huge the Canes front line is jokingly, but we don't need to get personal. We can critique good and bad performances on the field, but don't talk about what you don't know about.

I also think like some others on here when he gets to college I would think a red shirt, conditioning, and diet would get him around 345. As for his Heath known him 5 years, he has played baseball and had great feet, and hands at 1st base, and played it in the heat of summer, and school ball. Also played basketball and got up and down the court pretty well. Gave up both last 2 years to focus on football.

You are exactly right Stan. But...Ive seen some of their linemen. Truthfully, and not being mean, they are quite fat. Two of the seniors were at a camp at MTSU last year. Lets just say they aint playing college ball. Instead of supporting this size kid to fill a hole, I think these coaches should educate them and their parents in whats best for their health and future. Cause 300+ lbs aint it.

Wow! Edited by chattacane

No harm or disrespect was meant to any kid anywhere. I was showing ccncern for a kids health. This was twisted around. Vick and PA made it otherwise. But when Vick and PA talk about Chatt Ctrl and how bad they are.. You also need to remember you are talking about kids. Remember that and ill do the same. It's high school ball. 99% of these kids will play no more after this time. Their health is important.

ok i am from ringgold ga but i have known d moran---big d--as known from chattanooga to atlanta to knoxville i am sure---big d has been playing football since 6 years old and always been able to compete at whatever level was put in front of him---he played TRAVEL FOOTBALL--where you play football on a weekend at a big city and play 2 games on saturday and 2 on sundays since he was a kid---I keep hearing everybody talk about health and things like that and YES --HE  will have to cut down at the college level--but make no doubt about it---he is every bit as athletic as those buford kids down there in ga---that sign for the lsu, ga, and florida and oh yea alabamas college lineman so i know what i am talking about---buford has 12 d1 committments right now on their roster---big d---would fit right in there with any of them---yes colleges will look at him and know what they got to do to get him ready---but make no doubt about it---big d will be ready for the challenge and succeed!!

I agree sir with everything you have said. I'm an Owl for life but have a strong family connection with the Canes just like ChattaOwl. Tis just stuck his foot in his mouth trying to take a stab at a kid and got called out for it . We all know what big D can and has done consistently so pay tistheseason no mind.

nobody in their right mind believe that he is 385.