Coach Parker leaving Forrest for East Hickman

rocketman

Saw last night Coach Chris Parker announced he was leaving Forrest to be the head coach at East Hickman. Said job was closer to his Dickson home.

Any ideas on who'd be interested in Forrest job since school's about to start? Coach Henson at Forrest maybe?

Forrest job posted on TSSAA:

BB -  Forrest High School (Chapel Hill, TN) has an immediate opening for a Personal Finance/Driver’s Education /Head Baseball Coach. Deadline is ASAP. Apply online at https://www.siestaon-line.com/apps/ja4702670.aspx or call Julie B. Thomas, H.R. Coordinato: (931) 359-1581, Ext. 2028. (07/30/2014)

Saw last night Coach Chris Parker announced he was leaving Forrest to be the head coach at East Hickman. Said job was closer to his Dickson home.

Any ideas on who'd be interested in Forrest job since school's about to start? Coach Henson at Forrest maybe?

BB -  Forrest High School (Chapel Hill, TN) has an immediate opening for a Personal Finance/Driver’s Education /Head Baseball Coach. Deadline is ASAP. Apply online at https://www.siestaon-line.com/apps/ja4702670.aspx or call Julie B. Thomas, H.R. Coordinato: (931) 359-1581, Ext. 2028. (07/30/2014)

Why does he seem to bounce from one school to another? 

Former John Overton & Columbia State player and CPA assistant coach Josh Ethridge has been trying to get a head coaching job. 

Edited by cbg

good program...good school and facilities...should get a lot of interest

I met Coach Parker about 5 years ago. I can tell you this my own opinion , He has been a winner whereever he goes Blackman, Forrest . I have respect for him and have seen him come to Memphis and play teams and coach against them and beat them also. I know East Hickman has only been around 7 years but He will get them turned around . Coach Parker has my respect on and off the field. Coach Good luck at your new school.

Edited by BARTLETTHSGRAD04

I met Coach Parker about 5 years ago. I can tell you this my own opinion , He has been a winner whereever he goes Blackman, Forrest . I have respect for him and have seen him come to Memphis and play teams and coach against them and beat them also. I know East Hickman has only been around 7 years but He will get them turned around . Coach Parker has my respect on and off the field. Coach Good luck at your new school.

Why so many schools?

East Hickman has been pretty horrible since the start. Maybe the new coach can bring some stability and knowledge to the program. I heard that former Dickson Co. head coach, Ray Ragan, is his assistant. Don't know Parker, sounds like his legit, but Ray has more knowledge in his little toe than all the previous coaches combined. Nothing against any of them, but they were first timers and this past yerar were "okay, no one else wants it, I'll do it" kind of coaches. good luck to East.

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking forward to it..  East Hickman's First year Coach was Joshua Daniel Smith ,He can now be found on the Tennessee Sex Offender registry website, ( School Officials ignored parents complaints and concerns, then they got Egg in their face after he was finally busted) , the second year Coach was Shane Britt who was the best Coach that county ever seen, but he did not fit well into the "clique"  and they ran him off. He went to Scotts Hill and has since developed a outstanding team. The 3rd year  Coach Was Steve Spatz who nobody could understand why he was even there, besides a paycheck, he cared nothing about team development in any sense.He was just a warm body to fill the hole. The 4th and 5th year Coach was the son of Fairview's Head Coach ,he had little to no success, but was new to the process. East Hickman will never contend on a very High level, the participation and desire from the students is just is not there, for now. I hope in the future, and the implementation of a solid core program will bring this School out of the gutter. I have 2 going into High School in the next few years , and would love to see the School on the rise when they arrive.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking forward to it..  East Hickman's First year Coach was Joshua Daniel Smith ,He can now be found on the Tennessee Sex Offender registry website, ( School Officials ignored parents complaints and concerns, then they got Egg in their face after he was finally busted) , the second year Coach was Shane Britt who was the best Coach that county ever seen, but he did not fit well into the "clique"  and they ran him off. He went to Scotts Hill and has since developed a outstanding team. The 3rd year  Coach Was Steve Spatz who nobody could understand why he was even there, besides a paycheck, he cared nothing about team development in any sense.He was just a warm body to fill the hole. The 4th and 5th year Coach was the son of Fairview's Head Coach ,he had little to no success, but was new to the process. East Hickman will never contend on a very High level, the participation and desire from the students is just is not there, for now. I hope in the future, and the implementation of a solid core program will bring this School out of the gutter. I have 2 going into High School in the next few years , and would love to see the School on the rise when they arrive.   

Don't give up on the kids eaglepride, Scotts Hill's program was the mirror image of what you describe before Coach Britt arrived. In his first season here the Lions won eight games, the field was terrible, and I'd like to say that the stands were empty except we had no stands. He not only taught the game to our kids, he gave them a sense of pride in themselves and a work ethic. Everybody loves a winner...Scotts Hill is not just a basketball community any longer, and all this has happened in a remarkably short time. We have a new concession/bathroom/pressbox, ump's regularly compare the field to some of the better college fields, new uni's every season, bigger and bigger crowds, kids being recruited for free education, and consecutive trips to the state tourney with probably the best team we've ever fielded waiting in the wings.

If this new coach is "the guy", your kids could be involved in building something special very soon, just remember that support from the community speeds up the process!

Good luck to the school and may your kids experiance what the kids here have for the past few seasons...this springs graduating players say that they will forever be the group that started something great here, and they wouldn't trade that for anything!

East Hickman has been pretty horrible since the start. Maybe the new coach can bring some stability and knowledge to the program. I heard that former Dickson Co. head coach, Ray Ragan, is his assistant. Don't know Parker, sounds like his legit, but Ray has more knowledge in his little toe than all the previous coaches combined. Nothing against any of them, but they were first timers and this past yerar were "okay, no one else wants it, I'll do it" kind of coaches. good luck to East.

You may want to study up on some of the previous coaches there before you try to accuse ALL of them of having little to no knowledge of the game. One former coach there has some experience that may surprise you unless you're too ignorent to notice it. After all the Marlins GM has recommended him for that and other jobs. As for Parker, I have to admit this is a surprise move but he is a great coach who has done very well everywhere he's been and I have a lot of respect for what he's accomplished. Best of luck Eagles!

• 1 month later...

You may want to study up on some of the previous coaches there before you try to accuse ALL of them of having little to no knowledge of the game. One former coach there has some experience that may surprise you unless you're too ignorent to notice it. After all the Marlins GM has recommended him for that and other jobs. As for Parker, I have to admit this is a surprise move but he is a great coach who has done very well everywhere he's been and I have a lot of respect for what he's accomplished. Best of luck Eagles!

I remember that coach. I remember the Marlins recommendation as well. He didn't impress too many people, although I hear he's doing well in his current position. I didn't say he or any of the other ones didn't have any knowledge, just that Ray surpasses them all.