Coach Parker leaving Forrest for East Hickman

rocketman

• 1 month later...

Good luck to the Eagles this year. But me being from Centerville I will say Shane Britt was the real deal. There were too many parents in Nash ear,that were against Britt because he did not play favorites or politics. Jeff Fink was the biggest fan/suckup at first then when his feelings got hurt when he was realized his son was not what he thought he was,and was not going to the pros, he was the leader to cut Britts throat thru Nash and David Judkins. Im so glad Coach Britt got out of there. I knew he was a winner from the start , very intense Coach, something East Hickman don't know how to handle.

Like Summitt was better for Coleman? Lol Bigger doesn't always mean better. Parker left because he wanted a job, he knew his days at Forrest were numbered. Again, people speaking of things in which they do not know.

YEA, Summit is better $13,000 better. Stop hating on people for leaving for better situations.

First of all best of luck to Chris and Brian. I hope yall do well! If you think Brian left Forrest for 13,000 your crazy. No amount of money would stop a father from seeing his children grow up at the school he works at. I think he left Forrest because he has ambitions to coach at a higher level and build a team from the ground up. He is a competitor. He will try to make it one of the best teams in the state. The way it played out is what got people so upset. A lot of favors were called in and people moved around to get him the job at Forrest. Being from Forrest he knows how loyal people are to there town and school. So I know this was a tough decision for him. As far as Chris goes. He left because of family. If I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing. The way he left was the problem. I think if he would have come out and explained to the players and administration what was going on things would have been better. Coaches have to remember there is a team of young men or women involved that their moves affect greatly. In both situations it was the circumstances of how they left the programs. I wish both Of them the Best of luck.

Edited by CEJ1972

YEA, Summit is better $13,000 better. Stop hating on people for leaving for better situations.

Lol, hey if $13,000 is worth 0 and soon to be 20, with zero chance of a step up, then more power to ya!!! I don't fault any coach for trying to work themselves up the ladder if that's their ambition, but Summit is a place where coaches go to die, and he should have known that. I wish him nothing but the best, but unless some major redistricting goes on, he'll never win there. As for Parker, I'm pretty sure the allegations and meeting with the administration just days before his departure had a little to do with it. 😉

• 1 month later...

Well I guess looking back now Coach Parker was a pretty good Coach! Maybe Administration and Athletic Directors should do their jobs to support Coaches!

Ha, tell that to the three win East Hickman parents and kids. I'm assuming you're one of the Parker disciples that were determined to run Nave out of town from day one on the job. Congrats, mission accomplished. Give yourself a hand. I had an Eagleville fan tell me the other day how embarrassing Forrest fans and parents are. As a Forrest fan, I'm gonna have to agree with him. 

Nave is a was a football coach, not baseball. Just there for a paycheck before retirement.

Yes there are a few parents that do not represent our community very well. And they should lead by example to their children especially when a spectator! Most of these parents of course try to coach from sidelines too. Just stating fact that Administration didn't support Coach Parker as they should have and it is obvious you despise Coach Parker but hats off to him, kids went to State last year and won over 50 games in 2 years. Im sure this team will finish strong again with whoever they have.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that Parker wasn't an outstanding baseball coach. He left Forrest on his own accord and personally I wish him the best of luck in the future.

As for the current state of the team, I don't know many details as to what happened to Coach Nave. The only thing I've heard is that Coach Joyce is stepping in until the Middle School season is over, and then Joyce and Coach Burkett will work with the current assistant coaches on staff. Both Joyce and Burkett were members of successful baseball teams at Forrest, and from what I've heard, Burkett has been great with the Middle School team. They both have a surplus of baseball knowledge and the boys should be able to benefit from both of them.

Edited by rocketpride70