Districts 11-12A (Region 6A)

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those other football boys didn't do too bad either, got that first round bye!

You know.... Darn good point my friend. I was taken completely by surprise that they did but after thinking it over MP did finish in the Top Spot of 2A teams in our Region.... Though there aren't many.

Never did think of it that way. I was wondering how they got a Bye and Home field advantage their first game.

That explains it... Thanks for jaring the thinker a bit with that thought.:thumb:

You know.... Darn good point my friend. I was taken completely by surprise that they did but after thinking it over MP did finish in the Top Spot of 2A teams in our Region.... Though there aren't many.

Never did think of it that way. I was wondering how they got a Bye and Home field advantage their first game.

That explains it... Thanks for jaring the thinker a bit with that thought.:thumb:

I for one like the old region rivalry of playing MTP and Loretto but I have never figured out why they put 2a schools in a region or district with 1a schools. When you think about it, those two should be the favorites to win it every year.

I for one like the old region rivalry of playing MTP and Loretto but I have never figured out why they put 2a schools in a region or district with 1a schools. When you think about it, those two should be the favorites to win it every year.

The way I see it MP and Loretto just has a 2 instead of a 1 in front of the A.... They are both still 1A level competition/competitors [along with Richland]. No way they should be 2A. The overall numbers at the school shouldn't (imo) reflect to what level you play at on the field. MP has less than 30 players dressed out now. WC had twice the depth MP had on the sidelines when they met.

Though it has worked in MP's favor for the past 3-4 years getting in the playoffs.... IF it were still the same old system that used to be MP might not have made the playoffs. If so, only by the slimmest of margins. Maybe a 4th seed wildcard. The way is has been lately?... Pretty easy to get into a playoff spot for MP in 2A, but they face schools with a lot more depth and better level of play for it in the long run.

Edited by Big Bigby