2014 McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

We'll be dealing with a lot of changes soon it seems. Starting with the Jamboree where we will be in Dyersburg's Jamboree this season. At first that seems odd for us but only 2 teams appear to be left in the Huntingdon jamboree so????? I do like the fact that the Rebels are playing "up" as much as possible even in pre-season. Also looking forward to the 2015 season when it appears we will get away from the dreaded "Z Plan" and go to a 6A classification system in 2015. What do ya'll see for this season for the Rebs???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect to see a battle in game 2 with UC coming to town. We got an axe to grind with them Rebels after the batched game we had last year. I'm hearing we are still putting the ball on the ground during some scrimmage games but hopefully we will have that fixed by the time we get the season underway. Go Tornadoes.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Rebels.. I do like that mascot/ team name! My HS alma mater "was" Rebels until it was changed in later years (Overton in Memphis), and our family was "this close" to moving to McKenzie but wound up here in Dresden. Luv it here, but no doubt would have enjoyed being in McKenzie too. Rich heritage of good sports programs there, always tough, you have one of toughest schedules in state of any class team according to "stats" analysts, and opponents know to bring their A-game against McKenzie every year! So yeah.. Rebels are capable of beating anybody in any game.. good luck this year.

Rebels.. I do like that mascot/ team name! My HS alma mater "was" Rebels until it was changed in later years (Overton in Memphis), and our family was "this close" to moving to McKenzie but wound up here in Dresden. Luv it here, but no doubt would have enjoyed being in McKenzie too. Rich heritage of good sports programs there, always tough, you have one of toughest schedules in state of any class team according to "stats" analysts, and opponents know to bring their A-game against McKenzie every year! So yeah.. Rebels are capable of beating anybody in any game.. good luck this year.

I lived in McKenzie for several yrs.

Where is butchie??? Not any fun picking on McKenzie fans without him. Duck can handle his own but with our numbers we'll have him beat down soon.

Been Working For The Warden....lol Selling Ice Cream...Jeez  Be Glad When Schools Start So I Can Sloooow Down A Lil...  And You Silly Lions Will Never Top The Duck!....Ba  ha ha ha!.

I don't see McKenzie or Camden or any other team losing out by not attending the Huntingdon Jamboree. I've asked several people about why that has fizzled and can get no answers. With the jamboree only having the Stangs and Big Red Tigers, will it last past this year at all? And I don't think it does McKenzie much good at all playing in its biggest rival's jamboree. What do you think Duckman?