Who wins District 3A and 4A

Ladyramshoop

I agree there are no guarantees. It is just my opinion.  Grace will be much better than last year and they beat Midway by 30 twice and beat Meigs for District and Region Championships.  Meigs had a much better team last year than they will have this year. But that's why you play the games.  Grace was third last year in regular season and won District and Region so you never know. I do think District 3 will be a lot stronger than District 4 again.

Meigs did lose a lot to graduation.  Swafford (spelling) was a once a decade player for a program like Meigs.  They do have some scrappy players coming up, but they will struggle to come close to last year's record.  Their coach got lucky with that group.  Proves the old saying that good talent will make anybody a good coach.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4A

Until someone owns it you have to consider OS and Oneida as co-favorites.  OS has the Twins (who I respect greatly) and Jones.....Oneida has some very solid players returning and lost mostly Stephens in the post (Williams, her back-up, was all region)  Those two are pretty good teams.

Coalfield

Wartburg

Oakdale/Jellico

Sunbright

Oneida is capable of matching OS guard play.  Newport averages around 6 assists a game and can score, while Morgan is a very athletic defender and runs the floor well.  When they are on, they can play with the twins.  At this point Williams is every bit as good as Jones.  These two are going to have several good games to watch.

Kaz