Dobyns-Bennett at Farragut

Get there early to get a seat behind the team. The D-B side will probably fill up before the home side.

I wonder if it will fill up with DB fans as fast as Maryville's home side did with DB fans in the 2012 playoff game? Good thing Big John was there to run some of them off with that mouth of his.

Edited by SweetScience

I think a lot of people are forgetting that this Indian team is very young and don't have much experience. New QB, new RB'S and vertually a new receiving core. Youth on the line as well. Were not very big but we are pretty fast for upper East Tennessee. The defense is young at some key positions. Roller is going to a good one but he's inexperienced at the LB position. East looked OK at QB in the scrimmages but he's going to have to make decisions quicker. Foreman is the big gun at WR as long as he can catch. If Farragut has a team like last year it will be a hard game. This one is too close to call, but I will anyway. DB 27 Farragut 17 ROLL TRIBE

I think a lot of people are forgetting that this Indian team is very young and don't have much experience. New QB, new RB'S and vertually a new receiving core. Youth on the line as well. Were not very big but we are pretty fast for upper East Tennessee. The defense is young at some key positions. Roller is going to a good one but he's inexperienced at the LB position. East looked OK at QB in the scrimmages but he's going to have to make decisions quicker. Foreman is the big gun at WR as long as he can catch. If Farragut has a team like last year it will be a hard game. This one is too close to call, but I will anyway. DB 27 Farragut 17 ROLL TRIBE

" Very young " hit the nail square on the head.I really like our offense and making quick , smart decisions is the key .East has made some great throws and has to be learning that in some formations,he better have eyes in the back of his head or turn loose of the ball quicker.I think he is doing very well so far.Roller is going to be a great linebacker.As someone who knows a little about that position,you can watch 10 minutes of practice and know who has the potential and who is  out of their comfort zone.Not everyone can react fast enough to hit the hole before a big boy hits them,or drop into coverage before a quick hitter to a wideout or tightend gets you burnt.It's a spilt second decision and you have to make the right move or pay the price.Roller is a very good,smart and tough athlete and will make some teams pay this year.

Farragut really only has the running back and a brand new QB that only played in the Maryville game last year so really has no friday night experience. Defense not that strong or fast to the ball should be interesting.  Defense will stack the box to stop the running back.  

Edited by rollnoles

Is roller a soph ?

" Very young " hit the nail square on the head.I really like our offense and making quick , smart decisions is the key .East has made some great throws and has to be learning that in some formations,he better have eyes in the back of his head or turn loose of the ball quicker.I think he is doing very well so far.Roller is going to be a great linebacker.As someone who knows a little about that position,you can watch 10 minutes of practice and know who has the potential and who is out of their comfort zone.Not everyone can react fast enough to hit the hole before a big boy hits them,or drop into coverage before a quick hitter to a wideout or tightend gets you burnt.It's a spilt second decision and you have to make the right move or pay the price.Roller is a very good,smart and tough athlete and will make some teams pay this year.

Everybody keeps talking how our d backs are our weak point.. i agree somewhat but i also know they have got better scince day one or they would not be playing for coach clark!! If it takes real game jitters or getting burned sometimes they grow up and get better quick..in past several years we had d backs playing both ways so fatigue killed us .. so i do think these players will get better because they can focus on the one postion !!

Edited by kingindian33

Everybody keeps talking how our d backs are our weak point.. i agree somewhat but i also know they have got better scince day one or they would not be playing for coach clark!! If it takes real game jitters or getting burned sometimes they grow up and get better quick..in past several years we had d backs playing both ways so fatigue killed us .. so i do think these players will get better because they can focus on the one postion !!

Coach Clark is going to put his best players on the field and sometimes that player might not be any better then he was two months ago,but he is the best for the position.It takes a whole lot more then just the defensive backs to stop a passing game.If you have a stud defensive line getting after the QB,then I might even make a play or two at  defensive back.Great linebackers like we had in 2006 can make a world of difference.Defensive backs are going to get burnt sometimes,even if they are all - pro in  the NFL . All any coach can do is try to get every player on defense working together and hope the defensive backs,linebackers and lineman  do their part on every play. I 100 % agree that if we have enough players not going both ways that it's got to help unless it's an athlete that is very special.