Sevier County @ Bearden

gobears89

I love my Bears but I hate to say. I think they have took some steps back. This will not be the same Sevier County team we have seen in recent years. I honestly think that the IMAC may be in jeopardy for the first time in years. Don't get me wrong Lingenfelter will get them better thru the transition. Ya its true scrimmages and a jamboree doesn't say much but you still get an idea of the team chemistry. I hope I am proven wrong this week against Bearden. My prediction.

DeLong and the Bearden squad rushes for 300+ yards while chewing some clock. And this game ends up much closer then some think. Because I still don't see Sevier County stopping the run.

SCHS = 17 Bearden 28

You and I share the same views, however, I think the Smokey Bears have just enough on Offense to pull it out!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears lose 17 -28? I would bet $$ that does not happen. I dont expect to see 62 on the board either. 35+ and the Bears O is calling it a bad night. The Defense is the big ? and are they better than last year. I think the D will have more energy than last year but they have to tackle that is what they have not done well in my opinion to this point.  The offense is good & could  be very good by the end of the year. As far as the IMAC being in jeopardy the South Doyle game on myvlt could be a championship ball game & that will be fun. I like the Bears chances by then but I would not want to play SD now.  

The Bears D needs a shut out! 

GoBears!!

I think people are underestimating how bad Bearden will be

Agree.  I've seen Bearden a couple of times in the pre-season and in the 3 total quarters I have seen them (against 2 different teams) Bearden was outscored 62-0 .  I see Sevier County winning this game comfortably.   

What in the name of Devrin Young has happened to Bearden!?!?!?!?

Reading all this gloom and doom about Bearden puts a little bit of a damper on the season opener. Was really hoping they would rebound from an unusually bad '13 season to give some stiffer competition. Sounds like they're so down now that we could make them a honorary member of the IMAC.

That DB/Farragut game down the road sounds like a much more intriguing matchup to possibly take in

Edited by SCBear

Sevier Co by a lot...As others have said Bearden is in major rebuilding mode...I just don't understand how a school of 1800 plus w 50-60 guys on a team still insists having players play both offense and defense. I know u play ur best and many teams do it but their guys are gassed by halftime.

As another poster said I see 1-9 or 2-8...I think Heritage has a great shot to beat them this year.

What in the name of Devrin Young has happened to Bearden!?!?!?!?

Reading all this gloom and doom about Bearden puts a little bit of a damper on the season opener. Was really hoping they would rebound from an unusually bad '13 season to give some stiffer competition. Sounds like they're so down now that we could make them a honorary member of the IMAC.

That DB/Farragut game down the road sounds like a much more intriguing matchup to possibly take in

​Re-zoning is the first major problem. West High's zone extends now to the Bearden High building and beyond on the south side down around Northshore Dr. Across Kingston Pike from Bearden is zoned for Hardin Valley. There is really no "Bearden Community" zoning to speak of anymore. This also hampers having a strong "feeder program".

Way too much outside forces trying to "help" the sports programs. School administration plays too much politics with this "help" --- needs to be supportive of the staff. Had major change in the more knowledgeable football staff since last season. Organization is not near what it had been.