District 3AAA Week 0 Picks

Mav4life

OSU what is the word in the land of PAL?  I saw them in the jamboree last Friday and the wing T looked effective.  You've been too quiet this year.

I haven't really had time to watch anyone prior to the jamboree, but it's gonna be a tough year for the Panthers. The result against Bearden in the jamboree was surprising, but Bearden is going to be pretty terrible this season; I think most Powell fans like me are in "wait and see" mode. Another coaching change, a new offensive system, major off the field changes, and a lot of personnel attrition (graduation + defections) - not exactly the formula that results in instant success.

From what I've seen/heard about Coach Allen, there have been a LOT of changes made, both on/off the field, which has ruffled quite a few feathers. I guess we'll see how it all works out, when the dust settles. I think this is going to be a pretty rough year. In terms of wins/losses, Powell will be fortunate to win 3 games. Anything better than that has to be considered a success, given everything in front of them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you never know.  Powell did look effective in the jamboree.  I've heard about some of the off the field things like the coaches who were let go.  That happened a while ago though so you would think it would have blown over by now.  I think you might be too pessimistic on just 3 wins.  Good luck this season except for the necessary other than against my Mavs.

Well, you never know.  Powell did look effective in the jamboree.  I've heard about some of the off the field things like the coaches who were let go.  That happened a while ago though so you would think it would have blown over by now.  I think you might be too pessimistic on just 3 wins.  Good luck this season except for the necessary other than against my Mavs.

Thanks Mav. I agree, they did look surprisingly effective over at Bearden last week. And as far as the coaches being let go (back in the spring), I had almost forgotten about that. Plenty of other off the field stuff going on. Let's just hope that everything settles down, the team comes together, and the community gets behind John Allen in the end.

Tough schedule though. Karns and Halls are obviously winnable games, but the rest are gonna be a challenge. Might be able to beat Gibbs, Clinton, and/or Central. I don't see how this team can beat the likes of Fulton, CAK, OR, AC, and CC this year. But like I said, I haven't really seen any preseason action, so I may be getting ahead of myself.

Edited by osunut2

Big win for Gibbs there defense is for real. If they don't turn the ball over they could beat anybody in our district

Wouldn't go that far. While they are improved and their RB looked good they did just beat a Carter team barely that lost a lot of starters off of last years team. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Big win for Gibbs there defense is for real. If they don't turn the ball over they could beat anybody in our district

I saw 2 bad football teams playing. Period! If you watched that and were impressed, I would say that you would be impressed with the likes of Daniel Boone, Volunteer High, or Davey Crockett.