Greenback @Sweetwater

orngnblk

Last yr GB dismantled SW with a very determined run game.Anderson had over 200 yrds in that one.GB returns the whole backfield this yr with the addition of Hanley who missed last season with a injury sustained the week of the SW game.GB has started all the preseason games with gusto but their depth is questionable as is their line play.They have played all the preseason without their best lineman in Anthony Dyer as he will return for SW.GB will have to find some depth to make a run for the post season,with the exception of Willis a back up QB/LB who could start at either position their is not much there.Can we stay healthy will be the question.Last yr started off great then the injury bug killed us midway thru the season.1925Kee give some of your insight,you have seen them play this whole preseason.I think GB gets this one by at least three scores.WTD!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think GB gets this one by at least three scores.WTD!

Well I like your enthusiasm! Getting Dyer back will be a BIG help. Breeden was also out for the jamboree. I have not yet heard if he will be back for Sweetwater. TL will also be back, so our offense should be back to normal.

Defensively, I don't think Sweetwater will bring the size that WB had, and having TL back at end will definitely help. As you said, if we can stay healthy, we can compete. That takes a little luck.

Sweetwater will be hungry. It's at their place. We handled them pretty well last year. It's the season opener. I expect emotions to be flying high. They've also got a good QB, an athlete this Greenback team has faced since they were all about 8 years old. So there's a little history between these teams too. Sweetwater had Greenback's number through much of the youth years, but that was usually in the playoffs after both teams turned in very solid seasons.

In the end, I think GB will get it done. If the Cherokees can find some early success, they might cruise. But I expect the Wildcats to put up a fight.

Well I like your enthusiasm! Getting Dyer back will be a BIG help. Breeden was also out for the jamboree. I have not yet heard if he will be back for Sweetwater. TL will also be back, so our offense should be back to normal.

Defensively, I don't think Sweetwater will bring the size that WB had, and having TL back at end will definitely help. As you said, if we can stay healthy, we can compete. That takes a little luck.

Sweetwater will be hungry. It's at their place. We handled them pretty well last year. It's the season opener. I expect emotions to be flying high. They've also got a good QB, an athlete this Greenback team has faced since they were all about 8 years old. So there's a little history between these teams too. Sweetwater had Greenback's number through much of the youth years, but that was usually in the playoffs after both teams turned in very solid seasons.

In the end, I think GB will get it done. If the Cherokees can find some early success, they might cruise. But I expect the Wildcats to put up a fight.

I think the foot of our kicker will help with the win also;)

Good luck Greenback. How's the field house looking?

Everything is coming together,long time coming for sure.We have had the best team in the county for YEARS and we are just now getting some nice facilities.The community is very excited for the school and field house.Looks like the Rams will be the pride of the district again.Good luck to the Rams also.

Everything is coming together,long time coming for sure.We have had the best team in the county for YEARS and we are just now getting some nice facilities.The community is very excited for the school and field house.Looks like the Rams will be the pride of the district again.Good luck to the Rams also.

That's exactly what my thoughts were on the field house. You guys have needed and deserved that for years. The plans look very impressive, just hate that we won't get to try it out next year (if the new district thing plays out).

As for the pride of the district thing, I wouldn't count on that right now. From what I've seen, our group needs to come together and they better do it quick. I think the GB game up here will be a very good one, like 2 years ago. That was a great game.

Anyway, good luck, I really will miss watching games at Cooper Field, there's not many places like that one. Just don't kick us too hard on the backside as we head out the door to another region.

that is good news...much needed

I'm afraid there is going to be some people upset with the placement of the field house once they get to sat down in a portion of the bleachers...scoreboard and a corner of field from about the 20 yd line is out of view depending on where you sit...personally don't think that part was taken into consideration.