District 3AAA Summer Report

CarolinaCrazy

Ok, summer camps are over. Let's get some reports on how our teams did this summer. Where they went, who they played, and who played for your team. I know it will be very difficult to have as good a district as last year, but we should be better from top to bottom? Any news or thought would be appreciated. I work with a lot of guys from CC, AC, OR, and Clinton. So I've heard a little on each of them. Let's hear it.

Didn't get to see a lot last season or this summer at Halls. My son has been deep into Football. I do know that Randy got himself a new assistant. He is back at Halls after a stint at Whittle Springs. I really think he brought Clint back because this will be his last year with Braxton graduating. It could be a down year, but I thought the same thing last year and they played well. Will be interesting to say the least.

Didn't get to see a lot last season or this summer at Halls. My son has been deep into Football. I do know that Randy got himself a new assistant. He is back at Halls after a stint at Whittle Springs. I really think he brought Clint back because this will be his last year with Braxton graduating. It could be a down year, but I thought the same thing last year and they played well. Will be interesting to say the least.

Losing that tough little PG yall had last year will hurt.

Oak Ridge-- return pg Gee and a JV team that would've made the region last season. Javien and Deandre as well as Middleton give Oak Ridge one of the best junior classes in the state. Tee Higgins is an unbelievable talent as a sophomore. They might not have lost this summer and might sweep the district.

Well I heard CC and AC didn't go undefeated but played well at times. CC beat picket county, central, Meigs county, but lost badly to Blackman, CPA, and Knox county Ky. Did hear they may be starting a freshman, 2 sophomores, and 2 seniors, with a couple pretty good seniors coming off the bench. Heard they played a lot of players every game.

AC won a lot of games but don't know how stiff the comp was. Heard Bingham had a good summer so he'll probably be the man at AC this year. They too are playing some young guys.

Gibbs may give everyone but OR fits this year. They have some really good shooters and they are all sop mores and juniors this year. Heard they are really pushing the ball up the floor. That'll be good vs everyone but OR. May be the biggest mover up the district this year.

Oak Ridge-- return pg Gee and a JV team that would've made the region last season. Javien and Deandre as well as Middleton give Oak Ridge one of the best junior classes in the state. Tee Higgins is an unbelievable talent as a sophomore. They might not have lost this summer and might sweep the district.

Rising Sophomore class went undefeated last year, too. Green has a wealth of talent for the next 3 years or so.

I honestly think Powell will be tough this year. But, they did lose that awesome PG they had and that 3 point machine (can't remember his name) Although they did graduate those guys and have a new coach I feel they will still be pretty good. That big man they have whose name I don't know impressed me last year against OR. I actually thought he outplayed Merian in the district tourney.

Well I heard CC and AC didn't go undefeated but played well at times. CC beat picket county, central, Meigs county, but lost badly to Blackman, CPA, and Knox county Ky. Did hear they may be starting a freshman, 2 sophomores, and 2 seniors, with a couple pretty good seniors coming off the bench. Heard they played a lot of players every game.

AC won a lot of games but don't know how stiff the comp was. Heard Bingham had a good summer so he'll probably be the man at AC this year. They too are playing some young guys.

Gibbs may give everyone but OR fits this year. They have some really good shooters and they are all sop mores and juniors this year. Heard they are really pushing the ball up the floor. That'll be good vs everyone but OR. May be the biggest mover up the district this year.

Saw Gibbs at Heritage team camp and they were decent. They played Catholic close in the first half then in the second half Catholic had their way with them but they did play Alcoa and Maryville pretty close, they shoot the three ball and they have a really good wing player can't remember his name. He plays hard and has good jump shot from 15 feet and in, plays bigger then his size.  Karns has good athletes but they are a way different team then last year. I saw them play Catholic at their own camp and they lost by 25 points. I don't see Oak Ridge losing a district game.

Gibbs and AC will be improved. Both had good summers. CC lost a lot of size. Clinton has to replace Birdman and Powell. Not sure if Lenoir City transfer gets to play. Powell has Hamilton back. Halls has the other Moore back. Not sure about Central but they have under achieved the last few seasons. Karns lost 5 starters.

Gibbs and AC will be improved. Both had good summers. CC lost a lot of size. Clinton has to replace Birdman and Powell. Not sure if Lenoir City transfer gets to play. Powell has Hamilton back. Halls has the other Moore back. Not sure about Central but they have under achieved the last few seasons. Karns lost 5 starters.

I ask a guy at work what size CC had lost? And he told me their actually going to be bigger than last season, 6-4 freshman and 6-2 post that is a football player but has real good hands, Webb is his name I think.