What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

i could be wrong but best i can tell white county is the only school in the state whose both the boys and girls are undefeated.good times! good times!

Noticed they play the 99th ranked strength of schedule out of 114. That could come back to bite when making a run in the tourn. Would definetly rather be 20-10 state champs than 25-1 sub state team.

Guest WilliamPayne

90warrior, I think I have been Spartas biggest supporter aside from White Co parents and I so far this year. I think they are legit contenders for the Boro and the championship. If there is one question it was the schedule. You can only beat who you play but it does make you wonder why there werent some tougher games scheduled to test them.

I can't hate on them for scheduling considering ours.  We did go out and get Knox Webb. Obviously Livingston is a good team (smyrna?? eh, not really ) .  But other than that ours is fairly weak non district wise as well.  Its not easy when you don't have many good teams in your area to play... then you are forced to go to Chatt or Knox and change time zones, or go an hour or more west.

In White county's defense as well, alot of times, teams an hour or more away will shy away from someone they think is having an "up year" b/c they don't want to travel that far and get beat.  

Edited by Alumn89

Ooltewah and Lebanon aren't exactly push overs. I was just making a point that it is a rare feat for one school to have both boys and girls undefeated at this point. girls have clarkrange, warren, and Crossville coming up not to mention xmas tourneys so they will prolly lose. boys won't be an easy out  for anybody but they do need to play better and hopefully they will get better as the season goes on.

Guest WilliamPayne

I'm not being critical and if it sounds that way I am very sorry. Hey and in White County defense it's not exactly like what they have going on there this year is a big secret in high school basketball in Tennessee this year. I'm sure more than one coach told Coach Mitchell; No thank you" when he called and asked for a game! Alumn, I don't think C VILLE scheduled that poorly. Last 2 seasons the schedule wasnt much tougher.

Cumberland County has played a decent schedule so far and has only lost by double digits once to Haywood High School out of West Tennessee - by far - the best team we have played this year.  We've played primarily AAA schools in Karns, Farragut, Halls out of Knoxville and East Hamilton and Ooltewah out of Chattanooga, plus the Clarkrange game.  We are 2-5, two of those OT loses, could very easily be 6-1 if shots/calls fall our way.  Haywood is on another level with one major D1 player - best team (deepest) that I have seen this year.  Looking forward to district action starting tomorrow night against Warren Co..

don't be a schedule hater old kodger!

Im not hating warrior but I do believe scheduling falls on the coach. Granted when you play a home & away, sometimes the boys or girls get the short end of the stick. Example: Its a treat to watch LA girls play Jackson co & Clarkrange but the boys aren't as competitive most the time. Congrats on the good season so far.