What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

I think the PG from Cumberland could end up 2nd in the district POY voting though. Very underrated kid. I like White Co PG just a smidget more but PG from CCHS isnt playing along side a D1 player, so he should muster better stats overall.

Poore is who you are speaking of, I think.  He's a super young man too, I see him working hard in the gym and weight room getting ready for the season; really helping his young team mates come along as well.  He should make an impact this year in the district. 

Every way i evaluate a kid is soley based on a collegiate perspective. Which isnt fair to a vast majority of kids at the high school level. Because of this i tend to overlook some players. However in that district, Henderson, Richmond, White Co PG, and yes Poore is his name, are best players in that district. After that you have about 5 players that are very close in terms of talent.

I like Poore, I feel like he should have asserted himself more sometimes in the games I've seen him play.  I know he had Parsons (right?) kind of leading the team but people keyed so heavily on him.  He did have one stand out game against my Cavs last year where I believe he put up 17 or so.  Memory is getting weaker and  weaker...

Alum, my old friend! Poore was clearly the beneficiary of the Parsons kid last season, you can't argue that. But from a development standpoint ive heard good things about him, White Co PG, and Richmond. I've heard some negatives about the Buford kid at CVille. And the White Co PG played against some SERIOUS comp this summer and played WELL. Poore has a good upside. Def needs to be more aggressive. But has the potential to do it.

Alum, my old friend! Poore was clearly the beneficiary of the Parsons kid last season, you can't argue that. But from a development standpoint ive heard good things about him, White Co PG, and Richmond. I've heard some negatives about the Buford kid at CVille. And the White Co PG played against some SERIOUS comp this summer and played WELL. Poore has a good upside. Def needs to be more aggressive. But has the potential to do it.

Poore does have good upside, and he will be the leader at CCHS this year.  Like Spence at Stone, Poore needs to be aggressive this year offensively for the team to succeed.  Poore has an improving cast around him, a good junior class, and an incoming freshmen class that might be really special in a few years (should be).  This core group of freshmen haven't lost many games since they were in 5th grade - school and travel ball.  Looking forward to the season.

That core group of freshman you are referring to at CCHA sounds an awful lot like the freshmen group that should have mateialized as seniors this year at C Ville

That is true.  I'm hoping they'll be more like the group from Stone over the last couple of years: Rowan, Cole, Torino, etc.  That was a great group of boys that played together from a young age all the way through high school, and you could tell it.

Those guys from Stone were special. Even after them with Simmons, Matthews, and Yoder. Just don't see that a lot. Maybe it will work out for them. Heck half of them still play together down in Dayton.

yep, Cumberland County has turned into a small pipeline to Bryan College.  Bryan College is having a fundraising golf tournament in Crossville in November, then hosting a game at Stone Memorial to start their season out - lots of love in the community for Bryan/coaches.