What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

I do know that there is a junior college that is being tossed around in coaching circles that the Payne kid is heavy on. Apparently a pretty big d1 program has made him a offer with the understanding that he attends junior college first. They want him to sit out as a fresh, play as a soph , then transfer in with 3 years remaining to play. That has been presented to the family and im positive about that. Big 10 school, I can say that much. The rest is all rumors. Just what coaches in the state are saying. I did hear something about the richmond kid getting some smaller looks. He is a solid kid, deserves them if he is. I do know of one that likes his shooting ability a ton but it isnt bryan. 

stopthepress i have believed everything you have said up until now. i am very close to the henderson kid and he has no offers from c-usa schools nor have they even talked to him. so i call bull crap on that. i hope  your right. henderson has several offers on the table from div.2 and naia schools right now. 2 div 1 are talking to him right now but no offers have been made. im sure as the year goes on he will get several.

This was said to be on the table. Notice i said, they were planning on making the offer. The coach said that he was going to make the effort to use the pitch to both from the standpoint of them knowing each other. The offer isnt on the table. It was saidv they are gonna make the pitch. I heard he didnt have any concrete D1s. Still hard to believe that. I think coaches are missing the bus on that kid. Payne did pick up the one that was being tossed around. Are you able to mention school names regarding henderson and the D2s or is that of the table? Completely respect it if it is.

I wanted to clarify any misunderstanding. I called the coach back and asked him directly. He clearly said; i am making every effort at putting together an offer for both the Payne and Henderson kids. He said he has to clear a few things and he hopes to have an official offer out to both asap. That is pretty much a direct quote.

out of respect to the family im not gonna say on here what schools they are. but i swear he has full rides if he wants them from 2 div 2 and 2 naia colleges. 2 are in east tn. also 2 div. 1 are currently talking to him but no offers yet. i believe he will go div 1 if he wants. i hope noone misses the bus on this kid. he is special. not to many 6'7 guards out there. mayb you are right sorry, i understand what you are saying now. that they are fixing to offer. so you must be in the know. i would hope you are not on here just b.s. 

Edited by 90warrior

With all due respect, when i mentioned things about the payne kid and the other person on here thought it was not possible,i posted links to show as much as i could. I can't just drop names and schools out of respect and due to my position.i cant tell you with 100% certainty that it will happen. All i can say įs what I've been told. I'm usually close when i go far enough to say something like that but I'm not the one that has to make the offer so you understand that. Recruiting changes by the minute, much less days. Its my job to keep up with these kids and i try to do it well but it's definitely an inexact science. Hey i was the one on here saying i thought payne and Henderson were the 2 most talented kids in the district since jolly. I stand by that. Things ive heard directly from college coaches regarding Henderson: great length, very sweet stroke, more of a 3 than a 2, needs to get stronger, work on defense, high basketball iq, sees the floor very well, needs to improve passing,matchup nightmare, def a D1 prospect. I have no answer as to why no one has pulled trigger with offer yet. Payne: great athleticism, needs to improve ball handing, will be a 2 at next level, really good defender at college level, really good passer, needs to be more consistent on shot, very high upside, D1 prospect. Kind if awkward because any time i talk to a coach about one if them, the other comes up. almost weird. I am aware of an NAIA that said they offered henderson but i am not sure if that is the ones you know of. I am also aware of a D2 that really likes him. I will say this, there are 2 NAIAs, 3 D2s and 1 D1 that i know for a fact want them both.