8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

i will chime in on this one captnoname. smith co. has a very good young team. they will compete for a district championship this year. i have them winning it next year. they open up the season with a loaded white county team. should be a very good game as they played us tough last year. will be the game to see on november 14.

Smith County lost 2 starters from last year. They lost their best forward and their best ball handler, but have very solid young talent that can replace them. I believe Smith County could get to the district championship but I wouldn't bet on it. My prediction is UHS and MC will be the top dogs this year and will be in the district championship. Go Big Owls!

Edited by IronOwl

Antwan, we will have to disagree on that. I don't think the Big East (currently) is a major conference as it was back in the day. Of that group you listed in your earlier post...only Villanova or Georgetown would be said to be anything close to upper level. JMO

I would take the SEC any day and all day- Missouri, Auburn, and Mississippi St. all had losing records vs. the schools of Marquette, Creighton, and Depaul. 

Yeah, I will take the SEC.

On a HS note...your boys at Smith Co. are sneaking up on anyone this year.....be honest how do you think they will be this year? I got em 3rd right now but I think they are right there because of the way they played MC and York last year.

Bleacher Report has the Big East as the 3rd best conference...the SEC is 7th. The Big East had 6 teams in the tourney last year. The SEC had 5...3 in 2014-2015 season. The Big East in definitely better. It's not really close. If not for KY...it would be really bad.

I think the Owls will be very competitive. They have a very good young coach that is doing a tremendous job. I think they will improve every year under him.

The SEC has had a down year or 2 but they are on the upswing. The SEC also has way more teams in it.

They graduated a ton the last 2 years but all conferences go through those ups and downs. # of teams in the tournament the last couple of years has been weird anyway as there have been more at large births because of more parity and bracket buster games. 

I will still take the SEC (Florida will be interesting to watch now that Donovan is gone though) 

Besides Villanova/Georgetown who gets beat early in the NCAA almost every year it is a crap shoot for the Big East. 

Agree about your Owls...did they play York tough last year? I know they beat Macon Co and I think they split with Upperman right? 

The SEC has had a down year or 2 but they are on the upswing. The SEC also has way more teams in it.

They graduated a ton the last 2 years but all conferences go through those ups and downs. # of teams in the tournament the last couple of years has been weird anyway as there have been more at large births because of more parity and bracket buster games. 

I will still take the SEC (Florida will be interesting to watch now that Donovan is gone though) 

Besides Villanova/Georgetown who gets beat early in the NCAA almost every year it is a crap shoot for the Big East. 

Agree about your Owls...did they play York tough last year? I know they beat Macon Co and I think they split with Upperman right?

They split with York & Macon. They lost twice to the U...but beat them in the district tournament.

I like Smith County's chances then...they are hungry to get to the top. 

I think Macon Co fears them after they split with them. 

You got a prediction for 8AA?

Macon still has their starting 5 back from last year I'm pretty sure. They will be very tough to beat, but I believe Smith County can beat them and maybe possibly beat UHS. LA in my opinion will be down this year losing some key players from last year but they will still and always be good and a big threat. 

I agree Ironowl, Livingston will still be tough but I have to think they have a few more cracks in the armor now. They lost 5 seniors I think and those seniors won a lot of TSSAA games. 

I just remember seeing them at a couple of tournaments in Lebanon and Nashville and they were really good and they were physical. 

I don't know what they have coming back but surely it is not as good as what they lost. 

Macon county will be good but I got to wonder if they believe they can win it.