Week 0: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

I was just talking and looking at a film that didn't show the whole field. :roll: Sounds like you got bigtime butthurt over nothing. LOL. I never said they weren't coached well. My brother played under Lambert(he's a great coach) at Scott and Huntsville Middle under Diggs. playing free safety & RB and started as a freshmen, what grade their in is not an excuse. It's athlectic ability and "knowlegde" of the position.

I said, they "got to the QB, broke up passes, was quick to ball but there is definitely room for improvement," Cole West is gone, WTH does that have anything to do with this year?! Someone has to step up every season to lead the D.

I enjoy reading you're posts, you bring knowledge about the game. I never took it that you were throwing off on Lambert or the Oneida coaches. They are a very good staff. I'm sure you could break down film of our game and see holes as well, alot of time its more kids getting outta position than it is flaws in the defensive schemes. Both teams will make mistakes tomorrow night, it happens at every level. But like I've always heard,if you make a mistake,do it 90 miles an hour.

By the way ,welcome to the T.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just talking and looking at a film that didn't show the whole field. :roll: Sounds like you got bigtime butthurt over nothing. LOL. I never said they weren't coached well. My brother played under Lambert(he's a great coach) at Scott and Huntsville Middle under Diggs. playing free safety & RB and started as a freshmen, what grade their in is not an excuse. It's athlectic ability and "knowlegde" of the position.

I said, they "got to the QB, broke up passes, was quick to ball but there is definitely room for improvement," Cole West is gone, WTH does that have anything to do with this year?! Someone has to step up every season to lead the D.

We won't miss West a lick, heck of a player.

By the way ,welcome to the T.

Thanks for the welcome :thumb: lol. There's nothing like a good debate especially when it's football related! I'm no expert but I'm not a casual fan either, I've watched Highschool, College and the NFL for 26 years now starting at age 9.

Anyway, back on topic, I expect a close game. I know these young men and coaches work hard to do their best. Win or lose I respect the effort and love the game!

LOADS OF RESPECT, PUJO.  I don't think I've seen a single post with a score prediction?  I know who is rooting for who, but how many you gonna stick on us and how many we going to stick on you.  By the way.....all mules are quarenteed until further notice.  The skillet slinger took the wagon with too many girls loaded on it....and this old coot just doesn't have the tolerance anymore for all the prissy stuff. :thumb:  So you be sure to give me a steady stream of updates. 

Kaz

LOADS OF RESPECT, PUJO.  I don't think I've seen a single post with a score prediction?  I know who is rooting for who, but how many you gonna stick on us and how many we going to stick on you.  By the way.....all mules are quarenteed until further notice.  The skillet slinger took the wagon with too many girls loaded on it....and this old coot just doesn't have the tolerance anymore for all the prissy stuff. :thumb:  So you be sure to give me a steady stream of updates. 

Kaz

Hate you won't be able to make it Kazzymoto, but a mule and a bunch of womem,not a good combination. I'll leave the steady streaming up to Uknoit. I'll be busy steady wringing my hands and pacing the sidelines.lol. I'll say a word for that mule and those skillet slingers,its untelling where they may wind up.

Don't you know it.....the mule has a better sense of direction than the Slinger!!! Heck, them Gals might end up in Virginia before someone notices they've gone too far! I'm gonna calm my nerves and smoke a peace pipe in the Teapee.....call to my spirit animal to smite the Bulldogs. At this point, I would just about smite the Slinger if she burns another one of my fine mules. Good Luck....Bro.

Kaz

Good luck to both teams. Two solid small town football programs goin at it in the early season. Would love to see this one! I would have to give the slimmest of advantages to Hampton because they're the home team.

Good luck to you and you're Eagles tonight Oldeagle. Games like last week can put a beating on the program. As far as the favorite tonight,that would have to be Oneida, they took us to the wood shed last season and return about 20 seniors and several good jr's. We're still fairly young and playing several kids with very limited varsity experience. I do think we will improve alot by the end of the season if we can stay somewhat healthy. We've already got one of our best watching tonight, at least he'll be back when the games count the most.

Don't you know it.....the mule has a better sense of direction than the Slinger!!! Heck, them Gals might end up in Virginia before someone notices they've gone too far! I'm gonna calm my nerves and smoke a peace pipe in the Teapee.....call to my spirit animal to smite the Bulldogs. At this point, I would just about smite the Slinger if she burns another one of my fine mules. Good Luck....Bro. Kaz

I looked up stubborn in Websters, it had a picture of a woman trying to lead a mule. Well it may have been the mule trying to lead that woman. Sorta looked my wife and before i get killed, i mean the woman, the mule had a smile.

Good luck to you and you're Eagles tonight Oldeagle. Games like last week can put a beating on the program. As far as the favorite tonight,that would have to be Oneida, they took us to the wood shed last season and return about 20 seniors and several good jr's. We're still fairly young and playing several kids with very limited varsity experience. I do think we will improve alot by the end of the season if we can stay somewhat healthy. We've already got one of our best watching tonight, at least he'll be back when the games count the most.

We shouldn't be playing teams like that right now. Where we sit geographically if we want to play another school close to our classification we would have to drive 3 hours away. Some of those teams 3 hours away wont play us for one reason or another then we end up with GP and PF.....PF is good this year too. Most times we can at least compete with em. Wasn't completely as bad as it looked though. We pulled starters about a quarter before they did and that was when it got REALLY ugly....

We shouldn't be playing teams like that right now. Where we sit geographically if we want to play another school close to our classification we would have to drive 3 hours away. Some of those teams 3 hours away wont play us for one reason or another then we end up with GP and PF.....PF is good this year too. Most times we can at least compete with em. Wasn't completely as bad as it looked though. We pulled starters about a quarter before they did and that was when it got REALLY ugly....

Tonight and next week should tell you alot more about yourselves. I'd say Cloudland will be a steeper hill than WG.Keep plugging away,a season can be like a roller coaster.Got its ups and downs.