Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

Rankin is the perfect coach for Alcoa. The man rules the roost there and has total control over that program. There were teams from Alcoa's past that could of been good but some of the coaches did not have control. This man will not let a a rotten apple get into the basket there no matter how good they think they are and you have to respect that and that's why he has a winning record and so many kids playing football there. Greatest move in the history of Alcoa Football was the day he was hired for the job.

Was the same at Riverdale! Enjoy Coach Rankin! :thumb:

As I was leaving the game friday night I heard several Alcoa fans saying Rankin needs to be fired. When I heard that I couldn't believe it. How stupid would that be?  As a Maryville fan I see how much more physical and tougher Alcoa has been over the years. Even when Alcoa won state in 2004-05 Maryville was way more Physical and Tougher.

Maryville beat Alcoa pretty soundly this year because they are more talented. Alcoa doesn't have near the athletes they had in 2009-10. I still think Alcoa can win 3A. I think Maryville is a great team. A lot of years this Rebel team would be a shoo in for Cookeville but Blackman and Oakland are great teams also.

Agree firing Rankin over this thumping would be a mistake. People who understand football know Alcoa should not be able to beat a program like Maryville but once or twice in ten years. There is very little comparison between Alcoa and Maryville. Wins and championships is not a good measurement at all.

Rankin for GQ?? No way. GQ is twice the Head coach GR is. It's not even close. I would take Ellis or Jimmy Gaylor over GR without thinking twice about it.

Agree firing Rankin over this thumping would be a mistake. People who understand football know Alcoa should not be able to beat a program like Maryville but once or twice in ten years. There is very little comparison between Alcoa and Maryville. Wins and championships is not a good measurement at all.

Rankin for GQ?? No way. GQ is twice the Head coach GR is. It's not even close. I would take Ellis or Jimmy Gaylor over GR without thinking twice about it.

I agree GQ and his staff are the best. Rankin does a great job also.