McMinn Central @ Boyd Buchanan

reaction

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaction, are your Bucs an improved team this season? Since they beat Red Bank last year I really figured they would be them again this year since they had so much returning.

Bucs are improved, but so is Red Bank, which had big size advantage in line.  Bucs lost some major offensive and defensive players (#5, #86) to injury and heat.  Red Bank appeared to lose none.  Red Bank also appeared to have totally different players on the line for offense and defense.. Bucs only have 1 sub there.  I think without the heat, Bucs win 7 out of 10 times.

Bucs are improved, but so is Red Bank, which had big size advantage in line.  Bucs lost some major offensive and defensive players (#5, #86) to injury and heat.  Red Bank appeared to lose none.  Red Bank also appeared to have totally different players on the line for offense and defense.. Bucs only have 1 sub there.  I think without the heat, Bucs win 7 out of 10 times.

McMinn Central, for a long time, had to play many both ways.  This year is different.  Skill players will play a lot on both sides, but they have plenty of linemen.  This has not happened at MC in a while.  Remember, even though McMinn was a lot bigger in school size, they did not play many both ways.  Our boys hung in there in the same heat.  MCentral held BB to 2 TDs and a field goal last year.  Their offense is a lot more tuned in this year.  Despite the loss to Red Bank, BB is a good team.

I am hoping Mcminn Central is still gloating and being happy come Friday after their big rival win. I remember quite well in 96 South Pittsburg finally beat Marion County for the first time in 10 years and we watched film from game and gloated a good portion of practice that following Monday. All week long thats all we talked about. Well that Friday night South Pittsburg lost to Boyd Buchanan for the first time in school history. This game should be 10 points or less either way. Bucs need this one bad after being so close last Friday.

I am hoping Mcminn Central is still gloating and being happy come Friday after their big rival win. I remember quite well in 96 South Pittsburg finally beat Marion County for the first time in 10 years and we watched film from game and gloated a good portion of practice that following Monday. All week long thats all we talked about. Well that Friday night South Pittsburg lost to Boyd Buchanan for the first time in school history. This game should be 10 points or less either way. Bucs need this one bad after being so close last Friday.

logcabinman says the seniors will not lose focus but when the head coach and a lot of the fans are still celebrating the win over McMinn, it's hard for kids to concentrate. They will see the scoreboard still lit up from Friday night at practice today and maybe all week.  They will have fans patting them on the back in town, before and after practice, all about beating McMinn. A lot of the players parents on facebook are still posting pictures and talking about the game today.  These are adults and not a one of them has mentioned the upcoming game with Boyd, so you can imagine what their teen son has heard since Friday night.

Central has a good team but they have to put that emotional overtime game behind them, starting with the head coach.

This came up in the other thread.  MCentral has wonderful senior leadership.  I think the community is more hype about this win than the kids.  I am not saying they are not happy or proud, just that I have seen the focus quickly turn to the bucs this weekend.  Bucs look much improved, but so do the Chargers.  Should be a fun one.

logcabinman says the seniors will not lose focus but when the head coach and a lot of the fans are still celebrating the win over McMinn, it's hard for kids to concentrate. They will see the scoreboard still lit up from Friday night at practice today and maybe all week. They will have fans patting them on the back in town, before and after practice, all about beating McMinn. A lot of the players parents on facebook are still posting pictures and talking about the game today. These are adults and not a one of them has mentioned the upcoming game with Boyd, so you can imagine what their teen son has heard since Friday night.

Central has a good team but they have to put that emotional overtime game behind them, starting with the head coach.

Coach Goodin immediately told the kids to celebrate Friday night but then turn focus on Boyd. He said tonight means nothing if it causes us to lose next week.

Scoreboard lit up has nothing to do with celebration. Stop letting your hatred of our coach consume you and be proud to be a charger!