Week 1:Hayesville(NC) at Copper Basin

BigDave1967

I was happy with the Coalfiled performance from what I heard. I would like to know how we gave up a 20 point lead in the second half though. However, playing coalfield tough, regardless of injuries I think Basin wins again Hayesville. They will go 6-4. Losses to Coalfield, Boyd, Marion, and Silverdale. Maybe 5-5. Don't have the schedule in front of me and can't remember all of it off the top of my head lol

I was happy with the Coalfiled performance from what I heard. I would like to know how we gave up a 20 point lead in the second half though. However, playing coalfield tough, regardless of injuries I think Basin wins again Hayesville. They will go 6-4. Losses to Coalfield, Boyd, Marion, and Silverdale. Maybe 5-5. Don't have the schedule in front of me and can't remember all of it off the top of my head lol

Here's the remainder of the CB schedule

Hayesville

Silverdale

Tellico Plains

Andrews(NC)

Towns County(GA)

Marion County

Boyd Buchanan

Lookout Valley

Grace Baptist

I'm glad CB isn't going to take on Murphy(NC) this season! They beat Darlington 35-12 last Friday who beat Murphy 50-6 in 2013. Murphy will most likely go undefeated and win another 1A State Championship in North Carolina.

Edited by BigDave1967

CB went conservative and just tried to run the clock down when they led 32-14 in the 3rd. Also I heard CB was hosed by Coalfield referees who flagged CB a ton while only flagging Coalfield once.

Being a Tellico guy I hope the Bears beat Basin but regardless I want this to become our yearly rival. Currently everyone hangs their hat on the SQHS game but they have 1200 students and we have 400. Sure we are county rivals but just cant hang with the big of a school. I have always loved playing Basin always been a hard nosed game and now we have Muliinax a former Basin coach it would be cool for this to develop into a nice rivalry... I believe Basin wins this one against Hayesville...Looking forward to the 12th of September.....See you guys then!

Basin will take this one. It will be a tough game but I think basin will win by 2 td's. As far as the rest of the schedule goes Marion will be a tough one for us to win...they will be a great team if they stay injury free. Boyd idk.... Based on how we played them last year and our improvement from then I want to say we could win this one but one never knows Boyd could have reloaded but regardless I'm saying that one will be close going either way. But I do think we will beat silverdale this year. They beat valley 32-16 last week if the score I heard was true. I think we outplay them. But it's a long season so who knows but I'm excited about these cougars!