Hickman County at Wayne County

wildcat89

Prayers for the five Wayne County football players and their families that were involved in the wreck this evening. Football is the last thing on their minds. I would also ask for prayers to the former State Trooper who lived here many years ago and his family.

Oh no, sad news to read.... What happened and who was involved?.... Any of the coach T family?... I guess names will be given at the appropriate/right time.

Prayers to all involved from MP.

Prayers for the five Wayne County  football players and their families that were involved in the wreck this evening. Football is the last thing on their minds. I would also ask for prayers to the former State Trooper who lived here many years ago and his family.

That's tough to hear - praying for them right now.  Please keep us updated when it's appropriate.

That's tough to hear - praying for them right now.  Please keep us updated when it's appropriate.

Just left the Hospital about 30 minutes ago and two were still waiting to be released from the local hospital and Three were flown to Vanderbilt and all were alert but needed to be checked out better for head injuries!  Please pray for them they need your prayers!  "GET WELL CATS"

I agree Hawse, I just hope the 2 boys and man that were taken on the air evac will be ok. 3 of the boys are ok and the other 2 are doing better.

With all that has been happening with the boys in the accident yesterday, i think this team might have grown up a little overnight!  These boys have another chance at life, and hopefully football and i know they all will make the most of it together! Rally around them, and  set your goals together in life and on the football field and chase them with everything you have and you can accomplish them all!  Good luck and "GO CATS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the update that I heard on the boys involved in the wreck. 70, Bratcher home and out this week for sure. 20, Burchett at school yesterday and day to day on playing, 4, Cole home but concussion is severe and out until who knows when. He will see the doctor again Thursday. Matthews stiches and home. I haven't heard on the kid who had the eye injury. Can anyone confirm that this is accurate?

This is the update that I heard on the boys involved in the wreck. 70, Bratcher home and out this week for sure. 20, Burchett at school yesterday and day to day on playing, 4, Cole home but concussion is severe and out until who knows when. He will see the doctor again Thursday. Matthews stiches and home. I haven't heard on the kid who had the eye injury. Can anyone confirm that this is accurate?

You are correct on the boys, the other boy that was with them is going to have to go back for eye surgery when the swelling goes down. I just want to thank everyone for all the prayers, kind words, text messages and calls. I'll go ahead and say it because most know anyway but #70 is mine and as much as I love the game and watching my boys play, it is just that, a game. These boys are all very lucky to be alive and until you have to face that it's easy to take for granted how lucky we all are to have healthy kids. Once again thanks for all the prayers and tell your kids you love them everyday! Edited by wildcat89
  • Upvote 1

You are correct on the boys, the other boy that was with them is going to have to go back for eye surgery when the swelling goes down. I just want to thank everyone for all the prayers, kind words, text messages and calls. I'll go ahead and say it because most know anyway but #70 is mine and as much as I love the game and watching my boys play, it is just that, a game. These boys are all very lucky to be alive and until you have to face that it's easy to take for granted how lucky we all are to have healthy kids. Once again thanks for all the prayers and tell your kids you love them everyday!

Just noticed in the post above yours that your son was one of the injured.  Glad to hear he's going to be ok.  Praying for quick healing.  You're darn right about the precious gift of life and of being a parent.  It's a great blessing.