Beech visits Henry County

olddevil

Outside of a couple plays, our defense played really well Friday night considering how much they were on the field. They also had a good preseason (aside from the MBA scrimmage). I'm not overly worried about that unit.

It's the offense that really needs to have a bounce back game. We certainly have the horses, but we gotta open the stable. Our O line struggled with Liberty's big and athletic front 7. And we couldn't do enough in the passing game to keep them from stacking the box.

We're gonna have to correct some things if we want to avoid our first set of back to back losses since 2006. I remain optimistic and I'm hoping for an electric atmosphere for our home opener.

HC's kinda always been a run first, second, and third team. Haven't really had a true pocket passer since Winchester played.

They any good at bubble screens or some short passes?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC's kinda always been a run first, second, and third team. Haven't really had a true pocket passer since Winchester played.

They any good at bubble screens or some short passes?

Agreed. Winchester was a heck of a baseball player too lol

And no, not that I saw. But I think Croasmun will improve in the coming weeks. And if not, we have some other dynamic options waiting in the wings. But I do have faith in JC. He has worked very hard and deserves his shot from what I have heard. We'll wait and see what happens.

I agree with MSU & don't know what to expect this week & frankly from this team. HC has to figure some things out and a win against Beech would help get them get on track. I do have a ton of faith in our coaching staff & know they'll adjust. Win or lose, HC doesn't hide from good competition on the out of district schedule.

I think HC takes this one. For Beech to have a chance to win they will have to be able to throw the ball enough to keep HC from putting 11 in the box. Although Beech's O line has played well, I don't think they will be able to just line up and run at HC like they did SC. Beech's D is still an unproven commodity. Beech' s depth at running back took a hit with Hathaway going down with a knee against SC, but there is still plenty of talent there. Napper (#5) is a kid that transferred in from Ridgeway and may be the best football player on the team going both ways. Our long snapper, Lovingood, will be snapping in Neyland Stadium, for the next four years. He's ranked as one of the best in the country. As always, we are looking forward to coming to Paris. Hope our ride home is as much fun as it was in '12.

I think HC takes this one. Maybe an opening game loss is just what they needed to get a little more focused. It has got to be challenging when the entire state's opinion is that you are the best team in your class, and a shoe -in to be playing in Cookeville, before you even play a single game. 

We may not know how good the team is this year, but we certainly know how good their coaches are, and I'm confident they will be ready to play come Friday. It may not be time to panic if they start out 0-2, but it certainly will be time to squash all the repeat talk.

Good Luck

Patriots

I think HC takes this one. Maybe an opening game loss is just what they needed to get a little more focused. It has got to be challenging when the entire state's opinion is that you are the best team in your class, and a shoe -in to be playing in Cookeville, before you even play a single game. 

We may not know how good the team is this year, but we certainly know how good their coaches are, and I'm confident they will be ready to play come Friday. It may not be time to panic if they start out 0-2, but it certainly will be time to squash all the repeat talk.

Good Luck

Patriots

I haven't heard any repeat talk.  Please point me to the source.

I haven't heard any repeat talk.  Please point me to the source.

Facts,

The Henry commenters on here are some of the most realistic and humble commenters and although they are not running around crowning themselves, the bar has been set high for them. Most polls have labeled HC number one and the team with the best chance to be heading back to Cookeville. And that has a way of seeping into the fans and teams minds. Here are just a few examples I grabbed, but believe me there are plenty to pick from.

Henry County @ Liberty- Week 0

Red Warrior – Please don’t be shocked if we’re playing West again.

MSURacer – I think we will be okay. Will we make it back to Cookeville? I don’t know, but I think this group will figure it out.

ParisRiverRat –

LIBERTY will be in the state finals in 4A.  I hope Henry Co will be there the night before in 5A! 

Red Warrior, this is a crazy statement....

If we are 2-2 after 4 games, I like our chances if being back in Cookeville...

Again, I don't see any HC Faithful predicting another championship, but there is plenty of talk about HC being back there. And some of it may even have come from me.

Facts,

The Henry commenters on here are some of the most realistic and humble commenters and although they are not running around crowning themselves, the bar has been set high for them. Most polls have labeled HC number one and the team with the best chance to be heading back to Cookeville. And that has a way of seeping into the fans and teams minds. Here are just a few examples I grabbed, but believe me there are plenty to pick from.

MSURacer – I think we will be okay. Will we make it back to Cookeville? I don’t know, but I think this group will figure it out.

ParisRiverRat –

LIBERTY will be in the state finals in 4A.  I hope Henry Co will be there the night before in 5A! 

Again, I don't see any HC Faithful predicting another championship, but there is plenty of talk about HC being back there. And some of it may even have come from me.

I hope we do.  The offensive performance Friday night won't get us there though.

Facts,

ParisRiverRat –

Its nothing to be ashamed of, we talk about it in person in a hopeful way frequently! But I know many of us are just cautiously optimistic. We do have good reason to be that way too, after all I was probably least worried about our O-line since we had so much returning. But which area of our game is now lacking the most? You guessed it, O-line. So there is MUCH work to be done and we are only in week 1 of the season.