Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

As impressed as I was in Maryville last night vs Alcoa, I am concerned about the West game. We are coming off a very emotional win and will have a short week of practice. West is a very athletic team and we will be at their house. This game has the potential to be a hiccup for Maryville. Luckily, we have a coaching staff that will get the boys focused and prepared.

Knott sew faist my frendz........Eye uhgree wif '82....

West scirrs me two death......Mr. Cottrell iz faister on tha footbawl feeled, thain mommaSTARS 7th tripp threw tha Showknees Brekfust Barr.....And Seth Marshall iz strong and faist.....and haz been thowin' hit bettur two.....

Thay ere layin' inn tha weeds ovur thair on Suvvurlund and we weal haiv two play good two stay inn tha gaim.... :unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I recorded and watched the maryville/alcoa game and I honestly think this game has the potential to be a classic. Maryville looks sloppy on offense when you compare them to maryville offenses of the past and West has a good defense. I could see West forcing a few turnovers. And we all know that Maryville has a good defense but you have to think that #5 and the QB will bust a big play or two. I'm betting that it will be a close game.. Maryville wins by 1 or 2 TDs.

I recorded and watched the maryville/alcoa game and I honestly think this game has the potential to be a classic. Maryville looks sloppy on offense when you compare them to maryville offenses of the past and West has a good defense. I could see West forcing a few turnovers. And we all know that Maryville has a good defense but you have to think that #5 and the QB will bust a big play or two. I'm betting that it will be a close game.. Maryville wins by 1 or 2 TDs.

Your right about the sloppy offense. We can only be thankful for the super defense that has picked it up a notch from last year to help save the day. The offense is totally wreckless at times especially when it comes to passing. Last year we threw one interception and I'm betting the house between all the QB's we throw twenty if not more this season and we have a good start on that bet with four in two games. Thank goodness all of them can run like deer to make up for the shortfall there which will be very interesting to watch as the season progresses. Never seen anything like it in fifty years of watching Rebel Football. Not good for someone with heart problems but I love how GQ can figure out how to get around the weaknesses and prevail. I think that's why I enjoy watching them so much.

West always plays us tough over there. One of the hardest games we've had in a while was 2 yrs ago over there. 47-33 and we came out on top but it was a game. I don't think this is a cake walk by any means.

Rebelwoman thank you for the kind words and bringing up that last game at West. Just some trivia but West has not lost a home game since that game and have a 13 game home winning streak on the line Thursday - the longest home winning streak in West history.

I know that doesn't sound impressive, but West doesn't have the history of Fulton Maryville or Alcoa. Would have been nice to have that state title last year to make this game bigger but we came up short.

So 92 straight district wins vs 13 straight home game wins is the theme. I hope we can give you guys a game...I just hope we can get through it injury free and not get embarrassed on TV.

Go West!

I appreciate the modesty from some of you Maryville fans, but C'mon! This game won't be close and you know it! This 2014 Maryville team is much better than the 2012 team that West gave fits to.

Dang Sweet , you make it awfully hard to be a Rebel Fan ... either we show too little Respect , or too much Respect ....  :mrgreen:

I think West will be our Toughest Game yet , they have some Amazing Athletes with Awesome Speed ... they have a Couple guys who can go the Distance every time they touch the Ball . Maryville didn't get to where they're at by underestimating Anyone . 

Dang Sweet , you make it awfully hard to be a Rebel Fan ... either we show too little Respect , or too much Respect ....  :mrgreen:

I think West will be our Toughest Game yet , they have some Amazing Athletes with Awesome Speed ... they have a Couple guys who can go the Distance every time they touch the Ball . Maryville didn't get to where they're at by underestimating Anyone . 

Very true. GQ underestimates nobody, but I would be shocked if West keeps it within 28 TBH.