South Pittsburg Coaching

You competition is very happy. When an opponent turns on its self, half the battle is over. You be the fan and supporter and let the coaches coach. As a fan you have no ideal how players perform in practice, their actual ability or how they would do in a game situation. They might look big, fast and strong standing on the sideline but might act much different when the strap it up. A fan of a team Criticizing a coaching staff in public format can not have a good outcome. My favorite team is also 0-2. We also lost to two large schools that we had beatin in the past. Our team and yours both will be ok. Just keep supporting your team and the coaching staff. These coaching staffs are "winners" and have proven it with the past.

I like the coaches and am not criticizing, merely, questioning a couple of things like the feller that started this thread. By the way, as a fan, ALL OF US have criticized or questioned at some point. Sites like this allow us to think out loud and discuss with a panel of "experts". If any of you say you have never questioned a coaching decision then you must be part of the liars table at Harvey's. I believe in the coaching staff. I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't question. Most of you on here try to flip things and hide behind a mask instead of addressing the truth. It's okay, I don't blame you. Afraid of it getting out and tarnishing your good guy image in the community. It's okay. Listen, the coaches at SP are great and always have been, and yes talent is down, but we merely do on here what the coaches do every Friday night at midnight or Saturday morning in the film room....we question ourselves. Thanks guys

Ps. Everyone that knows me knows I love SP more than anything.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

The Bucs are 0-2 also.

We like you have a standard. We play larger schools because we have that standard.

We could schedule soft and have a good record like some (silverdale) then get beat down in the playoffs, but that's not what we do.

There's a reason when SP scores are called out at Bucs games, and you're winning, you get cheered for. We respect you because we are like you.

I say let the haters talk about our losses while they can. I would rather lose some to Hixson than beat community every year.

You see Pirates, winners want to know who the best is. And sometimes the other team is better. But you guys are winners. And you won't be down long. Neither will we.

Just sayin.

I want to start off by saying, I'm a dedicated supporter of this program, and I have been for years. But, I have some questions and concerns, and I'm looking for some feedback. This is not a bashing session, but I want some honest educated feedback. I understand we are down on talent, but it just doesn't seem right to me to take what little fighting chance you have, out of the boys hands, over questionable coaching calls.

1. Why are we still having delay of game penalties?

2. Why are we taking time outs, then when we come out we run a running play?

3. Why are we running the ball on 3rd and 15?? Why?? Please explain this to me.

4. Why are we not rotating bodies in and out of the game to give the starters just a little bit of a break during the game? I mean it accomplishes a few things by doing this. One you give the players a much needed break, plus you prepare your next up and coming starters a little playing time, and they aren't still lost come time next year when they may have to step in and play.

5.Why are not playing some of the other players?  Put them in on kick off returns or punt returns. It gives the starters a much needed break which at this point to me is more important than watching them stand on the sideline.  Come on coaches, lets play fair pool, if you are  going to play hardball.

6. Why are we running plays that take to long to develop? I mean if your facing a team that is bigger than you, you have to run plays that get the ball moving faster..period. You don't have time against a bigger school to be doing fake handoffs, or slow walking up to the line. The calls need to be ready, sent in quicker, and keep your opponent on their heels....

I know I have covered a lot, but I would like some explanations. I mean what so I know, I'm just a fan right??? I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about..

Oh look, a 2 post wonder. I highly doubt you are a Pirate.

It has nothing to do with being faithful. These problems having been going on for years, the difference is you don't have the talent to make up for it now.

The whole point I'm trying to make if things aren't working change them.

Well, this head coach is in his 2nd season.  This is post #2 for you.

My view was you guys are going to be fine. You're not going to win it every year and every program is due for a team that lacks talent like teams from the past. And SP also doesn't have much of a choice when it comes to scheduling because they can't find anyone that wants to play. It's both good and bad because you get better by playing better competition but when you lose you get knuckleheads who are couch quarterbacks that come in here and rag the coaches. I'm pretty sure that Hixon lost in the 3rd round of the 4A playoffs by 1 point last year to a very good Knox Catholic. Is that correct?

It always cracks me up when ppl talk about coaching. It is very easy for people to second guess. Fans just show up for the game and hope to see a result but what they do not see is the countless hours at practice, film study, time away from family members and such. The best players are playing on the field right now that gives sp a chance. Either stay on board and support the boys through thick and thin or go jump on the jasper bandwagon!

Edited by tidepride1

I want to start off by saying, I'm a dedicated supporter of this program, and I have been for years. But, I have some questions and concerns, and I'm looking for some feedback. This is not a bashing session, but I want some honest educated feedback. I understand we are down on talent, but it just doesn't seem right to me to take what little fighting chance you have, out of the boys hands, over questionable coaching calls.

1. Why are we still having delay of game penalties?

2. Why are we taking time outs, then when we come out we run a running play?

3. Why are we running the ball on 3rd and 15?? Why?? Please explain this to me.

4. Why are we not rotating bodies in and out of the game to give the starters just a little bit of a break during the game? I mean it accomplishes a few things by doing this. One you give the players a much needed break, plus you prepare your next up and coming starters a little playing time, and they aren't still lost come time next year when they may have to step in and play.

5.Why are not playing some of the other players?  Put them in on kick off returns or punt returns. It gives the starters a much needed break which at this point to me is more important than watching them stand on the sideline.  Come on coaches, lets play fair pool, if you are  going to play hardball.

6. Why are we running plays that take to long to develop? I mean if your facing a team that is bigger than you, you have to run plays that get the ball moving faster..period. You don't have time against a bigger school to be doing fake handoffs, or slow walking up to the line. The calls need to be ready, sent in quicker, and keep your opponent on their heels....

I know I have covered a lot, but I would like some explanations. I mean what so I know, I'm just a fan right??? I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about..

It always cracks me up when ppl talk about coaching. It is very easy for people to second guess. Fans just show up for the game and hope to see a result but what they do not see is the countless hours at practice, film study, time away from family members and such. The best players are playing on the field right now that gives sp a chance. Either stay on board and support the boys through thick and thin or go jump on the jasper bandwagon!

Mars must be in retrograde because I agree with you!