South Pittsburg Coaching

Wow, this thread has it all. It is like a sports soap opera. Every guys dream. We have grown ups trashing kids, telling them that the only reason they played was because the team wasn't very good. We are playing the blame game saying it is the coaches fault the team wasn't any good, parents jumping the coaches.

I hope you all realize how foolish this all looks from the outside. I am very surprised that this thread isn't closed already. You do realize that kids read this stuff and if you think it won't affect them then just watch and see. Trust me from a program that has been through much if the same and this is the way it all started with us also. It is a bad road to go down.

As far as the coaches following their kids from little league up, isn't that what the majority of dads do, follow their children from little league up through middle and high school? I would take coach k's kid in a heartbeat . I have seen the Baylor, east Hamilton, rhea, red banks and his boy was hands down one of the best defensive shortstops that there was and one of the best athletes at the middle school levels. Don't know much about the others you mention but I would say and have heard that there is way more to the problem than most of you think that it entailed. I have yet to hear, out of all the reasons for the problems, the reason and who is to blame for most of this. I give you your Lord and Savior..........Victor..........I will explain. Who was it that has passed on hiring coach Stone not one but two times?? None other than your athletic director, mr Grider. Truth is that coach Ross would be your coach had Vic not promised things and then Went back on his promises. There was also a failure to close the deal with coach Creasy. So there was two chances to hire Stone as a head coach and both times it was flubbed. Do you guys sit here and really think coach Moore was the most impressive resume to be chosen from?? A career .500 record at the Pitt? Come on, a program like sp probably had over a hundred applications and I assure you there were some good pedigrees turned in. I really look for coach Moore to resign since he is going to be under so much pressure from mommies and daddies. Good luck getting a quality coach in place, especially if they catch wind of all of this.

Are you joking me? I went back through my Murphy Fair books and looked at the coaches that have coached that Marion team since that Colquette man left and besides that Pruitt man you have hired nobody with either experience or if they had experience no character.

1. Pickett man- coached at Whitwell

2. Taylor man- got fired by those Whitwell people

3. Pruitt man- good hire

4. Evans man- no head coaching

5. Beck man- really? Only thing he is good at is being a body guard and he got scared of Griders body guard

6. McKrylon man- do I need to give any explanation here?

7. Ross man- most likely a good coach, still unproven

That Moore man has a better resume than most if not all of these. Hee won 5 championships at that BGA school. I garuntee you Marion people should have done better than those with all your durn tradition of your 5 year run. I ain't joking either.

I just got caught up reading this stuff. Come on people don't throw kids or coaches under the bus. They have every one given their all for SP each and everyday. I for one am very appreciative of the hard work our coaches and players have given. It didn't turn out like we have grown accustomed too, but that happens sometime. This one won't last much longer.

I just got caught up reading this stuff. Come on people don't throw kids or coaches under the bus. They have every one given their all for SP each and everyday. I for one am very appreciative of the hard work our coaches and players have given. It didn't turn out like we have grown accustomed too, but that happens sometime. This one won't last much longer.

Deputy, Old Pirate agrees with part of your post. This is however a thread for discussion, moderate it, delete what breaks rules, ticket perpetrators! Closing threads that non-violators & supporters have a right to chat about is not right! Old Pirate is packing to hit the road to make the feud round the jailhouse tonight!

I really don't know how to word this without upsetting some people, but there are a few of you that just aren't stating facts. Coach Stone's relocation involved some factors you simply aren't aware of, nor do you need to be aware of. There are also factors concerning Coach Moore you're not aware of. Not making a judgement one way or the other...just saying don't say things you're not sure of.

A little excerpt from when Coach Moore was hired:

The biggest reason I’m excited is that Tim is a South Pittsburg person, so he understands our history and tradition and how important this program is to the community,†said athletic director Vic Grider. “Everybody will feel real comfortable having him in charge of our football program.

My only problem was the "disrespect senior" comment. A proven Coach doesn't have to "respect" any kid. I think the whole "respect" word has been misused in this society. Ever heard the saying "respect your elders"? Respect is earned, true!. But its earned over time. No kid in high school deserves "respect". They deserve to be treated fairly, yes, I agree. It was just a poor choice of words for me. I'm almost 50 and I don't "respect" anyone in high school. I will treat them fairly and not talk down to them (unless it is warranted). We coddle kids too much these days and it has given them a false sense of entitlement.

+1 good post